• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I got asked to take an ex Major League Baseball player walleye fishing this Saturday morning for a few hours. Well, I haven't been walleye fishing out in my boat since the week after opener and I was wondering if any of you can help me. I'd like to get him on some fish so if any of you have any hot tips on lakes, tactics, depths, and location I would be greatly indebted to you. If you'd rather not post, please email me. It will remain with me, and I will be very tight lipped about it. Thanks in advance.

whos the baseball star? i would recommend white earth lake it has a great walleye population and a lot of structure to fish not to mention the millions ways you could fish them on the lake. there are under water islands all over the lake if you can find those drift over them or troll with a hammered silver spinner and leech or crawler or just a plain snell with a red hook works great. alot of time i usually try working the shores by trolling in about 15-18 FOW or the lake is deep enough to troll deep diving cranks i would use those towards night. bobber fishing too works great out there, find some good rock piles and setup there for a while. like i have said in previous post this lake is like a mini mille lacs so your pretty much garenteed to get some fish. i would launch out of cedar crest the owners there are very friendly and the public access isnt always trustworthy.

we did really good on OT on saturday. 10-15 feet jiggin with a minnow and slip bobber fishing once we found them. Nothing HUGE but lots of them.

Looking to stay closer to DL as we only have a few hours in the morning. OT might be a little far, as he has to get back to Fargo for the Roger Maris charity golf outing in the afternoon. I'm looking to stay as close to DL as possible.

Lida was really slow last weekend... could roll the dice... it should be good this weekend? Can't be slow two weekends in a row can it (knock on wood). grin.gif

I did a little digging... these are the registered ex-baseballers that are coming:

Juan Berenguer

Rick Helling

Dave Kingman

Tom Tresh

Let's get a poll going... I am going with Juan Berenguer.

Don't think too hard now - Just go out on Big Detroit if ya wanna stay close to DL blush.gif). All the spots are well known and a great population.

On the other hand Pelican may be more convenient for your guest. Your just about guaranteed fish on Pelican in the early morning!!!

Bad news, he had to cancel due to a business deal going south which will keep him from getting to town until Saturday night. Thanks for all the help to those that replied.