Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
surewood

Duck broods

6 posts in this topic

Anybody seing large duck broods. Most that I have seen so far seem to be good numbers. I hope the official numbers are up, although I read a report about the numbers being alot like last year. The rain over here came a bit late but hopefully it still helps with renesting success. Early goose season is getting closer I better get my decoys ready!

I saw a lot of duck broods this past weekend. The largest I saw was 14 ducklings. That was in the Grand Rapids area. I'm seeing more large broods than normal for sure.

has anybody ever seen a baby coot? in all my years I've never seen one. they have to be ugly, or do they hatch down south and are only here when full size?

Most the duck broods I have seen have been large but I have saw a couple of small ones. Hopefully we have a good hatch this year.

I've seen lots of baby coots. They are kind of light gray fuzz balls when little. They spend a lot of time riding on mama's back when small sort of like young loons.

I just saw some baby coots the other day, they look like little black fuzzballs.

Been seeing quite a few broods on my ponds, one mallard hen has 12 ducklings, seeing some woodie and merganser broods too.