Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
South_Metro_Slayer

ok #1 little sunnie lake

13 posts in this topic

ok i know you all know where to catch little sunnies. whats the number one little sunnie lake in the metro

Lake Phalen, south east shore. Because that side has the most vegitation, and that side is mostly fenced off. I took a canoe out on that lake looking for large mouths and noticed that the south east shore where it's mostly fenced off has tons of sunnies and a lot of them are pretty big. But you just gotta respect the fence.

I would have to say Josephine in Roseville. The microscopic size of the sunnies in that lake never ceases to amaze me. A close runner up would have to be Snail lake a few miles away. I ice fished there a few times last winter...I would mark a 10 foot high band of red on the Vex and catch 50 cent piece size sunnies one after another. Whats up with these NE metro lakes?

I iced fished the little pond rightside of of East highway 36, close to Fleet Farm, across the highway from Silver lake I think, this winter and man that little pond was deep with little sunnies, perches, and crappies. My Marcum was lit up bottom to almost the top. At first I used bigger jigs and got bites like crazy, but never could get them. Then I tried micro jigs and I caught little ones all day long. I even found a little hole in that pond that went to 18 ft.

duece x, any hope of getting a boat through there? What's the fence for anyway?

Island Lake in shoreview. What is it with the shoreview area and small sunnies?

I took my kids fishing at Loch Ness park in Blaine a few weeks ago. I was impressed by how small the sunfish were. It was hard to find hooks small enough to catch them, but we did and the kids were happy.

Also lots of small sunfish in Sucker Creek by 96 and Rice St.

Lac lavon. Crystal.

I second Crystal. I fish there all the time, and I dont know a single place on that lake where you CAN'T catch them shocked.gif

Wobasso

Lake Phalen, yeah, you can get a boat in there, but you can only use an electric motor. No gas motors allowed. I talked to a park ranger and he said the fence is there to protect the wild plant that was planted there a few years ago. A decade ago, the fence was not there. I would recommend a canoe for this lake. There's a boat launch on north-west end of the lake. The boat rental is on the west side of the lake.

pretty much any metro lake confused.giffdr

Quote:

pretty much any metro lake
confused.gif
fdr

lol that is true as well (unfortunetly) crazy.gif