Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rost

Benton Tourney?

13 posts in this topic

Anyone planning on fishing it?

My friend is, with someone else as his partner since I have a ball tournament. I helped him do some pre-fishing last weekend. grin.gif

I'm in... haven't been out yet, maybe later this week...

Yep, me too. I wonder how many boats will show up?

Well, LBS, how did it go for you? Tough, tough bite. We scraped up 4 fish, but one place out of the money (5th)...

How many boats? How did you get them?

I believe there were only 29 boats in the tourney.

We caught ours trolling cranks.

We did very well Friday... Couple 4 pounds and some smaller ones. Saturday we did catch a thing. we are not set up for long distance trolling. By the sounds of it that is what it took sat. to pick anything up.

What do you mean by long distance trolling?? Can you please explain it a little further. I've been there the last three weekends and have put in about 10 hours on the water with one 15" walleye to show for it, so to hear they can be caught there at least makes me wanna go try it again.

Thanks

Long trolling = trolling for a long, long time... grin.gif

pull a #7 to #11 floater 225-250 feet back...

225-250 feet is "Long Distance Trolling"

It's actually called "long line trolling".

To me it is Long Distance... I like things up close and personal. That friday I was hooking walleye 10 to 20 feet from the boat, and had to fish the hooks out of their throat. After tough fishing that Saturday I will be setting up some long line trolling rigs...