Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dustin85

Gull- 6/22, 6/23 suggestions?

5 posts in this topic

I will be at cragun's on Friday night and Saturday night for a wedding. I would love to get out either Friday night, or Saturday morning to catch a few of anything! Does anyone know if there is any possibilty of catching fish from shore? (I will not have a boat with me) Should I count on having to rent a boat for a day? (unless someone just happens to have an open seat that they would be willing to share cool.gif ) Also, what should I be looking at for using as bait/tackle? I know,....I don't like reading these type of posts, either, but I could use all the help I can get, lol. Thanks in advance!!!

Dustin

The only help I can give is, Went fishing there for the first time this past weekend. Tried my hardest for walleyes, thrus.,Fri., and Sat. (1 walleye thurs. and 1 Walleye fri.) Took the Kids out fishing Sat. evening. Non- stop panfish action- lots of 8"-9" and a couple 10" sunfish. Anywhere along the reeds. Plan hook with worm.

Hope it helps.

Thanks for the info, I will keep that in mind!

your best bet would be renting a boat. If your hunting walleyes, bass, or northerns try the weedline from 14ft-17ft with live bait rigs and redtails...you will catch fish using this rig.

Try fishing the docks all the way on the south end of the Craguns property. Should be a few bass or pike hanging that area. Redtails or leeches should work well. You can also use artificials like Northland Slurpies or Reed Runner spinnerbaits. Good Luck.

Jason Erlandson