Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wallyeye

Waukon Bay (Need help!)

9 posts in this topic

The company I work for is holding a fishing trip in two weeks and we are staying at Walleye Dundee's. I have never fished the south end of the lake and I was wondering what kind of structure I should be targeting. Any info is appreciated. We have alot of 1st timers going along and I would love to show them what it feels like to hook into some Walleyes.

Just look at the past posts, they list tons of locations / presentations on the south End. You will have a blast.

Don't forget about the mud either grin.gif

South end of the lake is mainly gravel beads and rock, the northern half of the lake is all mud flats with a few small gravel beds.

I can offer some help, try the reefs around spider island, basically look for the rock reef bouys and be there a couple hours before sundown. We have also done well dragging a crawler in the trench where Wahkon bay begins when it is hot out. Also try trolling for northerns along the weed edges in Wahkon Bay.

On a side note, are you from Iowa by chance? My hometown is Waukon Ia, and your post grabbed my attention.....

Good luck

Picks,

Funny you should ask about Waukon,IA...

I am not from there but I was just there today. The company I work for is contracted to install the sprinkler system in the addition being built on the high school. I didn't even realize I spelled Wahkon like Waukon,IA.

Thanks for the tips for spider island. I am really looking forward to getting up there and trying out my lakemaster chip. Catching some eyes would be nice too!

Hey Wallyeye,

What Sprinkler company do you work for? My Uncle owns one in Owatonna and they do some work in IA.

Later.

If you have a chip, you should do fine, just hit those rock reefs, there will be fish there at some point during the day, hopefully the wind will help out.

How do you like that stretch of concrete from the MN to Decorah? the worst section of road I have ever been on, and they fixed it 4 years ago.

Fishhawk

I work for Olympic fire so If S.J. is your uncle, small world!

Picks

That road is terrible. I actually stopped on the way down just to make sure it was the road and not a tire going down on me.

Wallyeye, the point that the resort is on holds some nice fish. Try 8-10 feet right around the corner towards the big lake. Otherwise, read some reports and you will find fish.