Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Scorp1

Mantrap Muskie Action????

5 posts in this topic

Hey Guys,

I've been out to Mantrap a few times and seen some fish

and some quality fish. I was just wondering if anybody else

has seen or have been lucky enough to cath a fish.

my buddies got a 40in and a 38in fishing jigs with plastics for pike and northern before muskie opener. First one was caught on a jig head and 7in worm other was caught on a jig head and 10in powerworm. We made it out there last week for a day had one 3 follows but nothing hit one of the follows had to be 45 plus but here the pics of those two fish

muskie1.jpg40in

muskie.jpg38in

[Note from admin: Please re-read forum policy before posting again. Thank you.]

It is actually legal to take them out of the water for a photo. You may not put them in a livewell or on a stringer obviously. The DNR clarified this for this years regulations finally. Not a bad idea to just keep them in the water though.

Hey JWB are you kidding me we were targeting pike and bass with jig heads in worm the 40in was caught on a 1/4 jig head and a 7in powerworm the 38in was caught on a jig head and 10in worm these were the same lures we caught all of our pike and bass that day we caught about 50 fish 2 being the muskie we were not targeting them outta season. They were were put back right after the pic and they swam away fine. I have respect for all species of fish your freaking out over nothing dude.