Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mtrue68

Trolling motor repair

6 posts in this topic

Sunday I hit some waves and the trolling motor bounced up and dropped down into the water frown.gifmad.gif. This bent the base mounting plate and broke off the part of the housing that rotates the motor and keeps it on the base. The motor is Minnkota 55# autopilot about 6 years old. Does any one know of a place where I could take it for repairs or get parts for it.

thanks

Mike

P.S. I live in Waconia

I would give Minn Kota a call. I believe thier service center is in Mankato.

there are several places you can go, but if you have someone in Mankato, take it right to them for repair. that's the factory right up on the hilltop area. good luck.

If you go to the Minnkota website, click on "service", then click on "find an Authorized Service Center". Once that window pops up, simply enter your zip code, and you will be able to view numerous dealers near you. There is a reputable place in Bloomington (don't think I can give their name on here) that appears to be only 20 miles or so from Waconia.

I asked a similar question to yours last year and received good feedback from this establishment.

Check out the SW fourm. Ricks Taxidermy is a sponsor and an authorized Minn Kota repair dude type place. Give them a call.

Thanks Eric, I forgot about Rick's, my bad.