• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

nice fish ouchless. i fish down on blackhawk too. maybe ill see you down there sometime. or maybe we can fish together sometime.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ouchless

• Larry FlatCaster

• mad_mangler

• Shack

last night 6 hours with suckers - one good run (didn't get to the rod quick enough, went to get some bug spray). finally, in the rain, managed to catch 6 tiny shads and in the next hour hooked two channels about 8-10 lb each, plus 15 lb 'carposaur' o_O. shad rules.

To mad_mangler: blackhawk... it's the opposite side of the river, right?

We were just talking the week about Ouchless and were he has been. Well guess who back. Nice fish. I fish down there quite a bit will have to hook up sometime and chase some Flats.

Rarely do I look at this thread because its not an area I target, but I enjoyed the fish pictures and the story that came with the fish from this dude.

I might have to go try and get some shad. I gotta find me some around the Jordan area. Anyone know some spots?

Ouchless what are you holding that Flathead up by in your avatar picture? Was that fish released if you don't mind me askin.

Ouchless what are you holding that Flathead up by in your avatar picture? Was that fish released if you don't mind me askin.

Dont take this the wrong way but i think you need another hobby now that you moved instead of asking everyone what they did with their fish and/or if they were released.

Your trolling for answers you dont want to hear...not to mention these questions have all been asked in the beginning of this thread.

PM me your phone number, I will be with friends on the lake till 7-8 pm, but thinking about hitting the black dog after that, around 9-ish... I tried to pm you, but it's disabled.

i'm at 35W discharge and not a bite so far... trying to catch shad while fishing whith large sucker. i see some lights under the bridge - good luck, the race is on! Update: 1-20 am caught 6 lbs flathead on large sucker, went to get camera and came back to find another flat bending my rod holder. she left with my hook... i.d say about 12 lbs.

Hey, good on-the-water report. I always love those.

Last night we missed about 5-6 good runs but wwg got a KOTC upgrade in the boat after 11. That made the night for us. This was a little ways upstream from blackdog actually.

I'm guessing he didn't eat his.... Check your DNR regs on consumption for the area.

Little fish are edible.

2nd picture is cool; looks like your making crop circles with your buddy Mr. Flat under a night sky of northern lights.

it wont let me pm you either ouchless. but i sent you a message. i was thinking about either going down on black dog or over under the 101 bridge in shakopee tomarrow(saturday)

I haven't got the message. But anyway, I can't go this weekend - will be camping elsewhere.

its all good. im going down a lil later but ill be done by 10 got to pick up the wifey. if you ever see a silver neon with a black front bumper or a maroon dodge intrepid stop in and thats me. ive been fishing right across from the power plant lately but im usualy all over doen there

I am impressed. I have given up on Black Dog as I have spent many a fruitless evening there. It's too bad since it is so close. Maybe I should give it another go. Then again, looks like most of your fish come at night. I am not afraid of the dark, just the Black Dog dark.

You are definitely the Dog's Master! Keep the reports coming.

smile

If you take the right measures to protect yourself it's not all that scary. Imagine how scared the bad guys should be - when we fishing there at night it is us who see anyone aproaching long before they see us. Besides, there is something very reassuring about the noise good ole bolt action makes in the dark...

If you take the right measures to protect yourself it's not all that scary. Imagine how scared the bad guys should be - when we fishing there at night it is us who see anyone aproaching long before they see us. Besides, there is something very reassuring about the noise good ole bolt action makes in the dark...

Bolt action??? Hope you are a sure shot. I think I would rather have something on the semi automatic range... You could carry a laser pointer with you. If anyone is coming you put that red dot on them and they might turn around and walk away!

No need to be scared out there...just be prepared at all times and on alert. I go out plenty equipped in case anyone gets the wrong ideas, especially with my girlfriend out with me.

I tell you what, if I encounter someone who still whants to attack me in the dark after hearing me reload,imho I'm dialing 911, taking my best shot and jumping in the rive head first.

And yes, I do have low-tech laser aim - just a laser pointer strapped with duck tape. Works great at close range. But it's pure for accuracy in low light, not to scare anyone, because it's hard to see a red dot on your own forehead o_O

PMs are disabled unless you are in the VIP members forum.

So is there any way to contact a specific member besides posting info in the forum? I don't really like to post my email and/or phone number visible for every person/bot in the world...

Originally Posted By: KMR85
PMs are disabled unless you are in the VIP members forum.

So is there any way to contact a specific member besides posting info in the forum? I don't really like to post my email and/or phone number visible for every person/bot in the world...

you can pay the 2.99 a month and get those features enabled. or you can just have the person you want to get into touch with give them their email...

most of my black dog fishing is from 5-9 and any time during the day. i havent cought the big ones lik ouchless but ive got some 10 pounders and a couple bigger that broke the line by shore.

No need to be scared out there...just be prepared at all times and on alert. I go out plenty equipped in case anyone gets the wrong ideas, especially with my girlfriend out with me.

This isn't Mankato, quite a few more nut jobs around the river in the cities.

Lots of strange people out in the country up and downstream from Mankato too, but yeah I suppose we didn't have the stupid gangsters to worry about. I'm still not scared up here.