• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Broken St. Croix

jsteg

Question

My new st. croix broke, its under a 5 year warranty, what do i have to do to get a new one?

6 answers to this question

If you take a look at thier website, it will tell you exactly what you need to do to get it covered.

If you bought it at Cabelas or Gander just take it back to the store and they will probably just hand you a new one!

Excellent warranty service at both stores! laugh.gif

Cliff

If you are nearby the place where you bought it, I would try to go through them to get a new one. St. Croix wants you to pay to ship it to them plus $20 I think to have them ship it back. I went to the place where I bought it(not a big chain store)and they sent it back for $7.50 total. It took two and a half weeks to get a brand new one. Mine snapped when a boat seat back rest flew up while we were driving on the lake. They didn't ask any questions about what happened.

Just went threw this process. I contacted St. Croix rods to see if I could just bring it to Gander Mtn. (where it was purchased).I was told that all broken St. Croix rods must be sent to there main location in Wisc. for inspection (meaning shipping costs there and back). I sent it there and received a phone call informing me that they were going to repace the rod but wanted to know if I wanted to upgrade a level. I maybe should have as it took nearly 5 weeks to get the new one, (they later informed me it was on back order). Anyways, other than the delay and shipping costs, I was happy with the service and new rod.

Does anyone know how they are or what St. Croix does with the older Legend series on returns of damaged poles. HTB

If you go to Cabelas they will tell you that St Croix wants you to deal with them directly. Cabelas won't swap them out for you.

My brother was at the Rogers one last week with a tip that came unglued not broken just unglued and that is what they told him.