Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Coach1310

Cutfoot Walleyes

4 posts in this topic

Good day all. My vacation to Williams Narrows is less than 2 weeks away and I am looking for any tips relating to catching walleyes on Cutfoot. We spend a lot of time chasing pannies, but spend the evenings on Battle or Seeley Point bobbering for walleyes. What spots would be better? What techniques and structures would be best during the day? I have heard that Cutfoot has a lot of weed walleyes, where would a guy look for them and what presentation would be best? Thanks for any info. I need to do something to pass the time....is it the 30th of June yet???? Thanks

Quote:

Good day all. My vacation to Williams Narrows is less than 2 weeks away and I am looking for any tips relating to catching walleyes on Cutfoot. We spend a lot of time chasing pannies, but spend the evenings on Battle or Seeley Point bobbering for walleyes. What spots would be better? What techniques and structures would be best during the day? I have heard that Cutfoot has a lot of weed walleyes, where would a guy look for them and what presentation would be best? Thanks for any info. I need to do something to pass the time....is it the 30th of June yet???? Thanks

On CFS, this time of year I'd stick to the gravel bar between battle and Seeley...

However if you're looking for Weedeyes... especially if a rain has come through just before prime time...

Then my semi-secret hot spot is the weed edge along McAvity Island..> just watch out for cross traffic, and that point that sticks out from the land comes out shallow farther than you'd think.

But really if the weather isn't prohibitivie... I've head out to big winnie for the best chances.

You are talking about the point that runs South off the Main land and the big bullrush stands that run to the North of the island...near what they call "The Snag". Just wondering if I am thinking of the same area you are..

Quote:

You are talking about the point that runs South off the Main land and the big bullrush stands that run to the North of the island...near what they call "The Snag". Just wondering if I am thinking of the same area you are..

No I'm talking about if you're trolling from the Snag, south... On the McAvity Bay side of McAvity Island... Lots of Walleye relate to that weedline in the summer around prime time, because that weedline holds a lot of YoY perch...

If you troll that with a perch rap on a long line at prime time you'll see some action...

BUT as you troll further south, to let your rap make the full pass, you'll see this point jagging out from the main land... That point sticks out much farther and more shallow than it first appears...

I was able to follow it dead on with my Lake Master, and picked up some action on the sand/gravel drop off of that point.