Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Coach1310

Thermacell- Bug Repellent

13 posts in this topic

Anyone ever use this Thermacell thing they advertise during a lot of hunting shows? It is some sort of device that emits an odor and it is suppose to create a 15' x 15' barrier around it and keep bugs out. I got chased off the lake by the skeeters on Saturday and was wondering if this thing was worth trying....Thanks for any help.

Yup, it works pretty well in a boat!

Alright you got my attention. wht is it and how does it work?

I have one and i used it during the archery hunt for turkey, and I was very impressed. After I lit it I did not have a mosquito bite me. It takes about 5-10 min. to have it work effectively. I was hunting in my T2 dbl.bull blind. If i was to loose this one I would buy another for sure.

I have heard VERY good things about them!

My nightfishing, catfishing buddies use them quite regularly in the boat with great results.

Check thier site out they work real good. [Note from Admin: Please Read Forum Policy]

has anyone use them bowhunting in sept?

For those that have used this product, which model do you use in the boat? Latern, compact, or repellent device?

I have the green repellent devise. I didnt use it in the boat yet but a friend did in Canada and said it did the job. I use mine mostly for camping.

They do work!!! I was camping a couple weeks ago and was getting eaten by the mosquitoes. Lit my Thermacell and within 10 minutes the mosquitoes were gone!

I've never used it bowhunting but I think I will try it this fall. The southern bowhunters on some of the other websites that I read swear by the Thermacells.

any smell to this to spoke deer?

I couldn't smell anything but then my nose isn't quite as good as a deer's nose!!! My thought is that if they can smell the Thermacell, they can smell you.

well i got one today will try it this weekend in the boat, thanks.