Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wallygator2148

Walleye Bite 6/18

3 posts in this topic

The bite has still been good even with the Mayfly hatch, and the weather that came through this last week.

I had a guide trip on Wednesday evening and we were able to keep 7 slots and we pulled a 29 incher which was released.

I have three guides trips this week so I will give a more detailed report after I do those trips... but for a few spots try: Sloppy's, on the edges, in 29+ ft of water with a hammered copper and silver crawler harnesses, the Gravel Bar with lindy's, slips and blades, Bannana Reef with slips around 20-25ft in the evening, and mud edges in front of Izaty's Resort in 30ft of water during the day with slips and lindy's.

Thanks for the report! I was up on Saturday, and don't think I've ever seen so many boats on Mille Lacs. Went to the mud, and boy were the bugs bad! Made fishing somewhat unpleasant if that's possible. I would say the bite has slowed some with the bug hatch, but still good. They may not be jumping in the boat anymore though from here on out. How'd everyone else find the bite this weekend?

I caught 11 on Saturday. Kept 2. Biggest was 26. Out on the mud and the bugs were irritating. I even cranked up a 24 incher on a Reefrunner in 30 feet when they wouldn't respond to the lindy rig and leech. I fished from 5:30 am until 1:00 pm so I did OK. The best bite was the last place I fished and hated to leave with the consistent action.