Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
blarkey

July 4th Muskies

3 posts in this topic

Was wondering where about too look for muskies around the 4th of July, I'll be at hoodoo point for the week.

Blarkey,

The muskies should be starting to show up on the rock reefs and mid-lake islands by then. Weedy bays, rocky points, and island complexes always seem to hold fish too. Fish early and fish late, and fish the wind. On the weekends, you will find that the lake is incredibly busy....don't forget to try the "secondary spots" as the main lake "community spots" (east basin) will be a steady stream of boats. You can still catch fish on those spots, but it can also be very frustrating, and often it's better to find fish that aren't pressured constantly. Vermilion is huge with more spots than you could possibly count or use in a week...so don't be afraid to do some exploring. Both the east basin and Frasier bay have huge fish. There's some nice island structure, reefs, and weedy bays in the center section and narrows (and huge fish there as well).

I will be musky fishing/guiding up there the 6th through the 9th. Let me know if I can help. Good luck....

Thanks for the info, I'll use all that to boost my chances. I used to fish up by Life O Riley resort so this end is a little different to me.