Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
uidzer0

5 posts in this topic

Hey Everyone,

I'm new to Minneapolis (and the Mississippi) and I'm looking for some tips to get started. I've been fishing from shore around Nicolette Island quite a bit lately. So far I've only been getting a few small mouth here and there. I'm really only having luck with plain worms so far. I ventured up Basset creek yesterday and caught a couple of decent sunnies .

Can anyone point out some good spots/setups to try out? I'd like to stay within less than 10 miles from the downtown area if possible (easy bike ride). I'm 100% catch and release, and always respectful. Hopefully as time goes on I can share what I find.

Thanks!

Ben

what species are you targeting?

I'm up for anything!! I'd love to get some walleye but I really don't have a preference right now. I'd love to try a bunch out.

Thanks!

Channel and flatheads cats are the main species I target on the Mississippi in MPLS, but I do occasionally cast for smallies, pike, and walleye. Have you checked other threads about the Miss in MPLS? There might be info useful to you in there. A lot of the shore spots are pretty well known here in MPLS, but some people on here might get upset if I post them out in the open for all the lurkers to see. If you want post your e-mail and I can share some techniques and some spots that might produce for ya.

Thanks! I'd love to hear what you're willing to discuss. My email is ben.lemasurier@gmail.com . I was out last night and picked up a few more smallies with a friend. We're still having the best luck with just a plain worm.

Thanks again!