Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
walleyeking19

pulaski

3 posts in this topic

When i moved into our house here on pulaski in 1996, all you would catch were little northerns. Now most of the northerns are gone and all you will catch are rockbass. I was just wondering what happened to all of the northerns and why are there so many rockbass live in the lake.

No one likes rockbass and people speer and pickle northerns. It has gained popularity as an ok lake for northerns. With fewer of the slimers, mabye we'll see bigger ones.

I like Pulaski because I can catch quite a variety. I anchored outside the deep side of a weed edge and caught several walleyes, northerns, lots of decent sized sunnies, some small laregemouth bass, and of course rockies.

Funny I was in Canada a couple of weeks ago catching northerns or jacks as they call them and when I came back it is harder now to judge fish. I caught a 23" northern and my brother thought for sure it was only 16-17" because it was so skinny. I probably only was 1.5lbs and a 23" in Canada was at least 4lbs. Skinny suckers for sure.