• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Week of the 4th

Making my first trip to LOW / Rainy River and just wondering what the walleye will be biting on then, and the best way to target them. We will have access to downriggers if necessary, however would need to know what crankbaits to use if we do downrig, and what to use in the river.. thanks a bunch!

The trolling bite should maybe be kickin into gear pretty good about then? I like SR7's behing the balls in a few colors myself though I don't do much downriggin any more. Longlining and/or leadcore and snapweights for me as it's a little less boring and just as productive usually. Drowning meat on the mainlake rocks should get you plenty of fish. The river has been quite tough for getting the Walleye this spring for me the 3 times I've tried her since opener. Must be a low water/flow thing?

fiskyknut

Can I get an update please? - We'll be in town on saturday!

I was out Sunday. Started kinda slow, but i didnt get near as far out as i wanted. First of all we started in only 26 fow (wanted about 31) but there was a week stomach on board. To make a long story short once we got into about 29 FOW we really started gettin into the fish. By then however someone was really gettin sick so we went near shore and fished. It was pretty hot in shallow in around 6 to 13 FOW on worms. Tried trolling again oon the way back in towards evening with no sucess. There was a fiercer than fierce storm coming so that might have done turned em off by then. Moral of the story is pass the dramamine around. Good luck saturday.

We did well last week in 30-32' pulling SR7's in Hot Steel & Bleeding Firetiger. Minnow Rap & Husky Jerks did OK also.

Best lure for riggin' is still the little silver Blaze crank that was in everybodys clearance bin a couple of years ago. Water was cloudy for 3 or 4 miles out of the gap.

Did OK in the Zipple/Graceton area on jig & leech or crawler this week when the wind would let us out. Actually caught some decent eyes in Zipple Bay when the weather got bad.

The river has been running fast & dirty for the last couple of weeks but is starting to settle down. Picked up a couple of eyes just up from the dock on jig & leech.