Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
art321

launch etiquette

9 posts in this topic

Refresh my memory here. I tend to fish and play on a pretty heavily used lake. There is usually a line up of boats waiting to launch and pull out and only so much room at the docks. Who has the right of way? I believe it's the ones pulling out or is it simply who is next in line with their trailer? You have to dock or pull up on the beach to go get your trailer. Then that doesn't leave any room for anyone to launch. They just redid this launch and it's an improvement but could have been done better to allow a boat to dock and a boat to launch at the same time on one side and the same on the other in my opinion. Just a bit longer docks is all it would take. Last night I thought a boat was waiting out off the docks for the trailer behind me so I pulled forward and to the side to allow the guy behind me to go first but he didn't go and then the other side opened up so I put in there. It was a moment of confusion for me and I may have confused them as well.

Normally it's the next vehicle in line with a trailer. That ramp doesn't sound like this process would work. confused.gif

Nick

Yep, It is just who is in line gets to use it next.

The lake he is describing sounds alot like waconia....

...and the best way to figure it all out? Call out to the person and ask them what they're up to. It usually lightens the mood and puts everyone on the same page.

Lack of communication starts most wars, and boat launch confusion!

Thanks guys. I figured if it was the guy behind me it would be one less boat in the launch area and then I would have room to get mine in and drop the trailer off. But then if you play by the rules some a$$ will still be mad about what is not going on the way he would like it. I usually try to give as much as I can and not get upset.

That lake sounds a lot like Waconia... What’s up with the single launch at the other end of the public area? Anyone know if that is meant as another launch or what? They could easily put a few more ramps in out there and it would make life a lot better...

Many years ago you were able to launch on that side but is very shallow over there now. If they dredged it it would work.

Ya, my friend and I used it with his small 14' and it worked good but anything with a larger motor would probly run a ground. They should work something out with it, a few more ramps on Waconia would be Great!!!

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Rick
      The Department of Natural Resources designated the state’s third groundwater management area this week. The Straight River Groundwater Management Area in northwestern Minnesota includes parts of southern Clearwater, northeast Becker, southwest Hubbard and northwest Wadena counties. Cities within the boundary include Park Rapids, Osage and Ponsford.  In addition to the designation, the DNR approved a management plan for it. The plan lays out five objectives with specific actions the DNR will take to ensure that use of groundwater remains sustainable within the area. The plan was developed over several years with the help of an internal DNR project team, an advisory team of external stakeholders, and additional public review and discussion. “With more than 10,000 lakes, thousands of miles of rivers and streams, and many thousands of acres of wetlands, it might be natural to think that our water is essentially unlimited,” said DNR Commissioner Tom Landwehr. “But in some parts of the state, the unseen, underground aquifers that make up our groundwater resources are under pressure to meet growing needs for domestic water supplies, irrigation, industrial and other uses. These groundwater resources also are interconnected with lakes, streams and wetlands that we value for commerce, recreation, and water supplies. Those surface waters also provide the habitat needed by many animals and plants. If we are not careful in how we use water, both economic development and ecosystems could be put at risk.” The plan provides a framework within which the DNR will work with major water users, including municipalities and agricultural irrigators, to use groundwater sustainably. This cooperative effort will promote conservation, protect surface waters and water quality, improve the groundwater appropriations permitting process, and help resolve any conflicts that might arise among users. This is one of three groundwater management areas being established around Minnesota. The other two are in the north and east metropolitan area and in the Bonanza Valley near Paynesville in west-central Minnesota. More information, including plans and maps for the Straight River Groundwater Management Area, can be found at on the management area webpage. Discuss below - to view set the hook here.
    • leech~~
        Yes and going to the game on Sat.  Good thing I didn't buy the tickets!  Lol  
    • AlwaysFishing23
      I've never herd of any tullibee being caught from open water. Doesn't mean it's not possible but I'm not going to say you can go out and slay em. Hopefully others chime in and answer you question with certainty. 
    • AlwaysFishing23
      I would say it's fine. M-MH are very good for many things just need to be careful when throwing things heavy if it's close to the max lure weight. That's when bad things happen. Didn't really answer your question but hope that helps.
    • HunterFisher11
      Ok wanted to try fishing Tulibee icefishing but just have run out of time, my question is it possible to fish them in the summer? And the best way to do it? Thanks!!!!