Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
art321

launch etiquette

9 posts in this topic

Refresh my memory here. I tend to fish and play on a pretty heavily used lake. There is usually a line up of boats waiting to launch and pull out and only so much room at the docks. Who has the right of way? I believe it's the ones pulling out or is it simply who is next in line with their trailer? You have to dock or pull up on the beach to go get your trailer. Then that doesn't leave any room for anyone to launch. They just redid this launch and it's an improvement but could have been done better to allow a boat to dock and a boat to launch at the same time on one side and the same on the other in my opinion. Just a bit longer docks is all it would take. Last night I thought a boat was waiting out off the docks for the trailer behind me so I pulled forward and to the side to allow the guy behind me to go first but he didn't go and then the other side opened up so I put in there. It was a moment of confusion for me and I may have confused them as well.

Normally it's the next vehicle in line with a trailer. That ramp doesn't sound like this process would work. confused.gif

Nick

Yep, It is just who is in line gets to use it next.

The lake he is describing sounds alot like waconia....

...and the best way to figure it all out? Call out to the person and ask them what they're up to. It usually lightens the mood and puts everyone on the same page.

Lack of communication starts most wars, and boat launch confusion!

Thanks guys. I figured if it was the guy behind me it would be one less boat in the launch area and then I would have room to get mine in and drop the trailer off. But then if you play by the rules some a$$ will still be mad about what is not going on the way he would like it. I usually try to give as much as I can and not get upset.

That lake sounds a lot like Waconia... What’s up with the single launch at the other end of the public area? Anyone know if that is meant as another launch or what? They could easily put a few more ramps in out there and it would make life a lot better...

Many years ago you were able to launch on that side but is very shallow over there now. If they dredged it it would work.

Ya, my friend and I used it with his small 14' and it worked good but anything with a larger motor would probly run a ground. They should work something out with it, a few more ramps on Waconia would be Great!!!