Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
NoviceFishingDad

Seasonal Resort - Aitkin Area

NoviceFishingDad    0
NoviceFishingDad

My family and I currently have a park model on a resort on Osakis and am looking to move it to the Aitkin area. Anyone know of any good resorts in the area? I have two young boys so something family friendly would be best.

Thanks in advance!

NFD

palisade1kid    0
palisade1kid

Eagle Point, Big Sandy has a great place that's family orientated.Ask for Terry Roy.

there used to be a place just so. of Aitkin ,Shingwauk Village .There's a place n. of Garrison..Sherwood Forest.

eric anderson    0
eric anderson

Hey Crappie Keith

My name is Eric Anderson and I have a cabin up on Big Sandy Lake, and since there are no bass on Big Sandy, I was wondering if you could tell me of any lakes near (Big Sandy and McGregor Area) that hold some nice sunfish and largemouth bass. P.S. i did not care for all those people rippin on you on some of those older posts! thanks for any advice/info

Eric

palisade1kid    0
palisade1kid

That's not entirely true.

Up in Aitkin lake ther are some monster bucket mouths.Big gills too.

Rat lake has some big bass in it. Try the backside or north end of the lake.

Minnewawa has a bunch of bass & nice gills.

Work those cabbage patches this time of year.

Wilkins,French,Gun& Fleming have decent bass & gill action.

I am normally doing eyes right now ,but as it gets warmer I like to toss some buzzers or casting spooks looking for that top water explosion.

Get up with me & we can go to some spots I know.

I could run a guy ragged in a days time.

Matt C    2
Matt C

Tons of bass on Aitkin. I stay at the ACE camp ground annually, and used to stay up at Oles all the time. We take a day and slay them on Aitkin. All CR, i dont eat bass. I posted in an earlier post in this forum on where I fish em smile.gif

Big Bass, perch, crappies, n gills.

NoviceFishingDad    0
NoviceFishingDad

Quote:

Eagle Point, Big Sandy has a great place that's family orientated.Ask for Terry Roy.

there used to be a place just so. of Aitkin ,Shingwauk Village .There's a place n. of Garrison..Sherwood Forest.

Thanks CK. I will check them out. We were up in the area all day on Saturday looking at cabins. We looked into Hickory lake, but I think the lake is just a little small. Looked at the 3 lakes up north (near Palisade) that you seem to frequent but did not find the right fit yet.

We are not sure if we should do the cabin or stay on at a seasonal so we are looking at everything.

Thanks again!

NFD

palisade1kid    0
palisade1kid

Hickory is a small busy lake.

There are better choices.

Call Ruby's resort on Farm Island to see it is still operating.They might have a spot for a seasonal set up.