Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NoviceFishingDad

Seasonal Resort - Aitkin Area

7 posts in this topic

My family and I currently have a park model on a resort on Osakis and am looking to move it to the Aitkin area. Anyone know of any good resorts in the area? I have two young boys so something family friendly would be best.

Thanks in advance!

NFD

Eagle Point, Big Sandy has a great place that's family orientated.Ask for Terry Roy.

there used to be a place just so. of Aitkin ,Shingwauk Village .There's a place n. of Garrison..Sherwood Forest.

Hey Crappie Keith

My name is Eric Anderson and I have a cabin up on Big Sandy Lake, and since there are no bass on Big Sandy, I was wondering if you could tell me of any lakes near (Big Sandy and McGregor Area) that hold some nice sunfish and largemouth bass. P.S. i did not care for all those people rippin on you on some of those older posts! thanks for any advice/info

Eric

That's not entirely true.

Up in Aitkin lake ther are some monster bucket mouths.Big gills too.

Rat lake has some big bass in it. Try the backside or north end of the lake.

Minnewawa has a bunch of bass & nice gills.

Work those cabbage patches this time of year.

Wilkins,French,Gun& Fleming have decent bass & gill action.

I am normally doing eyes right now ,but as it gets warmer I like to toss some buzzers or casting spooks looking for that top water explosion.

Get up with me & we can go to some spots I know.

I could run a guy ragged in a days time.

Tons of bass on Aitkin. I stay at the ACE camp ground annually, and used to stay up at Oles all the time. We take a day and slay them on Aitkin. All CR, i dont eat bass. I posted in an earlier post in this forum on where I fish em smile.gif

Big Bass, perch, crappies, n gills.

Quote:

Eagle Point, Big Sandy has a great place that's family orientated.Ask for Terry Roy.

there used to be a place just so. of Aitkin ,Shingwauk Village .There's a place n. of Garrison..Sherwood Forest.

Thanks CK. I will check them out. We were up in the area all day on Saturday looking at cabins. We looked into Hickory lake, but I think the lake is just a little small. Looked at the 3 lakes up north (near Palisade) that you seem to frequent but did not find the right fit yet.

We are not sure if we should do the cabin or stay on at a seasonal so we are looking at everything.

Thanks again!

NFD

Hickory is a small busy lake.

There are better choices.

Call Ruby's resort on Farm Island to see it is still operating.They might have a spot for a seasonal set up.