Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SFBOY

old fishing equipment

5 posts in this topic

i just ended up with a couple of bamboo fly rods, one in a brass tube and the other one in an aluminum tube with a canvas sheath. also ended up with a bamboo rod that could be a musky rod in the two piece set up or a walleye rod with the three piece set up. the guides on the musky are pretty cool and dont drop down, the opening is straight out the end of the pole. does anyone know how a guy could get an age and a value put to the poles? not selling, just wanted to get an idea what they are worth. thanks.

I don't know if you did yet or not, but try searching for something similar on ebay.

If you are near Lake Elmo, the fly shop there (boy, can't remember the name now for some reason, but a pretty famous and good one) will look at them and give you a appraisal. I brought one in, and basically it wasn't worth much. Bob told me that in all the years he has had people bringing them in, he only saw one that was truly a very valuable rod. But you never know smile.gif and even though most may not be that expensive "find" they are still nice rods in them selves and valauable to the owner. Bob Mitchells fly shop, but it might have changed names since then.

good luck,

thanks for the help. they are beautiful rods even if they arent worth much. will have to get out there and have him take a look at them.

If you look on eBay, use the advanced search feature and have it show you all those have closed that match your items. That way you can see how much they sold for, vs what somebody is asking.