Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Legit84

Howard

11 posts in this topic

So there's the Good Neighboor fishing Tourney on the lake this Saturday. The guy running the contest said he is hoping to get about 130-170 people. Roughly 70 some boats. So the question I have is...where do I go on this lake to find the biggest bass and Northern? I've fished the lake maybe 2 times in my entire life.

There is alot of places that you can fish on Howard Lake. The problem that your going to run into, is that your going to have 70 boats on a lake that cant take that many boats. So the thing that your going to have to do, is get to a spot that you think can produce fish, and hit it hard.

There is alot of awesome places that you can fish on that lake. Docks have been good in years past, if the lake has not turned over and become very green. The reeds carry fish, but everyone and there mother fish it.

it is green already i was out there on friday and it was very green and the boat landing still sucks

Quote:

There is alot of places that you can fish on Howard Lake. The problem that your going to run into, is that your going to have 70 boats on a lake that cant take that many boats. So the thing that your going to have to do, is get to a spot that you think can produce fish, and hit it hard.

There is alot of awesome places that you can fish on that lake. Docks have been good in years past, if the lake has not turned over and become very green. The reeds carry fish, but everyone and there mother fish it.

Thx BNS, I wanted to fish it this past weekend, but instead hit Clearwater. I'm guessing I'll start with the docks for a couple hours and if that produces nothing, then move deeper. We'll be throwing mostly Chatter, Spinner and Sluggos.

if the lake is green, stay away from docks

That lake has good fishing around the docks and the deep weed edge with a jig and worm.

Just giving a quick update on the results of the Good Neighboor days fishing Tourney today

Biggest Walleye 6.1 lbs

Biggest Northing 9 lbs

Biggest Bass 5.11 lbs

First time I fished the lake in about 5 years and on my 3rd cast of the day I caught a 3.48 lb Bass. Unfortunatly that was the last fish I caught till 10 minutes before the end of the tourney when I hooked a 2 pound bass. I did have one huge northern come flying out of the water at my lure as I was taking the lure out of the water. Would've gave that 9 lb Northern a run for its money.

Wow there whee some big fish caught yesterday!!! How many boats were there??

Quote:

Wow there whee some big fish caught yesterday!!! How many boats were there??

55 boats

It was kind of funny toward the end of the day we were trolling the shore line and hitting the docks and we went around this one guy, my partner asks him hows the fishing and he just went off. He says he doesn't even know why he came out to this F*%$ing lake today. He was complaining about there being way to many boats on the lake and how he went over to his favorite dock and watched a couple guys pulled 3 big bass out of it and how it was his dock. Then he says that he should have realized it when he pulled up to the launch and seen all the boats that he should have just turned around and went to a different lake. I'm just listening to him and thinking no sh!t....

LOL some people acted like they own the lake... "You can't Fixs Stupid"

That is alot of boats on a small lake like that. Im sure there were a few people out there that were having a "Good Time"