Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lookingforluck

N/S Center Pike

9 posts in this topic

Anyone have any luck with the pike on North or South Center? Thanks for any help!

Normally I catch quite a few fishing for bass out there. But, come to think of it this year.. I havn't caught one yet out there. Got a big one on Green, and a few on Chisago.. but not N/S Center yet this year.

Ok, just got off the lake.. caught a few pike just for you. cool.gif White spinnerbait near any green weeds you can find.. which is harder than it sounds! I did better in North Center than South.

any sizes to those northern?????

biggest was about 30"...

Got a co-worker that lives on North Center and he is an avid pike fisherman and about 98% C&R. He caught some 10+ fish out there this winter and into this spring. I got to see the pics after each one he landed they would land on my desk at work. Listen to Deitz, he has the right idea. Don't neglect your muskie baits up that way either you may be pleasantly surprised by a nice pike or two.

Tunrevir~

Thanks for the advice guys, I will have to try them and let you know. Thanks again, LFL

There are quite a few northerns in both lakes. I have not caught one yet this year in a couple walleye trips to the lake but they are there. I have a friend that has a cabin on S. Center and they have one hanging on their wall just over 20lbs from about 5 years ago. I have caught a few in the 10lb range and many in the 5lb range. Try trolling a fire tiger jointed rapala in the morning over the weed edge and you should get a few. If you are fishing for them you will usually find them!

Been trying your methods and I have picked up a few but nothing of any real size. Any patterns producing larger fish now that the water is getting nice and warm? Thanks, LFL