Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
lanyard

old waders... any use?

lanyard    0
lanyard

So I've amassed a collection of non-repairable canvas and neoprene waders.

Any thoughts on recycling these, other uses?

More patch material than I'll need in a lifetime.

icehousebob    0
icehousebob

I took one pair that the upper part had gone bad and cut them down to a pair of knee high mud boots. I have some now that are cut to ankle length that I can stomp into to go out on the lawn on wet mornings.

magnum mike    7
magnum mike

If they are not too heavy, they make good rough duty rain pants.

wh1stler    0
wh1stler

Quote:

So I've amassed a collection of non-repairable canvas and neoprene waders.

Any thoughts on recycling these, other uses?

I second the idea of cutting them down for knee boots to deal with wet walks to the deer stand. In fact, if they are size 13's or so, I would be happy to take a pair or two off your hands.

Wh1stler

Coldwater Crappie Guy    0
Coldwater Crappie Guy

I worked at a butcher shop and they worked great if you cut them off below the knees.

anchor man    2
anchor man

I cut mine down to hip boots and strung shoes laces through the upper leg to keep them from falling down, works great. I also used some left over neoprene and made some camo can coolers as a joke gift for my hunting buddies.

lanyard    0
lanyard

Thanks for the ideas! Likely perfect to cut a pair down to hip boots and store at the deer shack. Heavy rain years make a couple of the trails woodland sloughs.

For the old ones that boots are shot maybe a motor cover out of the uppers. I've never been able to part with $25.00 for a motor cover!

Getting itchy. Opened up the deer shack this past weekend and a thunderstorm came through Sunday a.m., no time for the shooting!

My shoulder needs a little kick!