Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sniper9

Crappies???

6 posts in this topic

Ive been looking to try and get into some crappies, but im not having any luck tried diamond,andrew,norway I feel like an (Contact Us Please) I did not think it would be this hard any help would be awesome.

Sniper9, As the lakes warm into summer, start looking for suspended fish. While guiding one evening we caught some nice crappies suspeneded over 24 ft of water. The crappie hit our spinner/minnow rigs before hitting the bottom. The walleyes were under the crappies, as a 3lb. walleye we caught, had 2 crappies in its belly. My client had never saw anything like this before. Later we used jigs with fatheads to catch the suspended fish. He thought it was great, crappies and walleyes in 1 spot.

My parents live on Norway lake, I have fish suspended crappies there for several years. Finding them is maybe the toughest thing. Moving around watching the locator for marks between 10 and 16ft. over 20ft of water or deeper. I use 1/16 oz jigs with minnows, and sit over them, useing my trolling motor.

Give that a try, and good luck.

We found some this weekend on Norway. I have a place on the main lake. They seem to be scattered, but some were

11-12 inch fish. Slip bobber fishing off a couple of

deeper breaks. On Sunday when my wife was loading the

jetski, a guy loading his boat told her he caught a 52" Muskie fishing sunnies. I don't believe there are any in

Norway, let alone a 52" fish. Can anyone verify muskies in

Norway, what do you think?

dought it

Muskies were planted in there in the 70's. However, I don't think many showed up.

sniper, drop me some mail, I can help you out on the crappies. monbuck8@yahoo.com