Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
MSRiverdog

It's not just rocks

MSRiverdog

It's sunken logs to, notice the reverse cup on the lower right blade, I had just put my spare 17" 3B stainless on cause the creek is dropping fast. D-- we hit that sinker right after we got on plane, no the shaft didn't bend, cleaned the crud off the blade though. shocked.gif

ReverseBladePitch.jpg

Mark Christianson

They do make jet lower units dude... grin.gif

Ralph Wiggum

Ouch!

DancesWithWaves

Those dead heads are a pain!!! I havent lost any on the river but up in Canada id say weve trashed 3 or 4 in the last few years. All rocks up there. The thing is we hit a rock in a narrows and busted the skag right off. Those stainless props are a couple hundred bucks right?

MSRiverdog

It may sound strange but running stainless has saved me a bunch in prop repairs, have had less down time, performance is much better. If you looked at the leading edges of my 4 blade you'ld wonder about it cutting any water. More cavitation on take off than I want but when it catchs I can still get 40/41MPH GPS, 36/37 going upriver. This year I've been doing the ball peen/vice dance a couple time and will be sending it out this year. Run this creek and you will pay, I almost wish I lived on a lake instead.

Kevin Turner

Quote:

I almost wish I lived on a lake instead.

That's nearly blasphemy...

art321

I'll trade you Riverdog. I don't live on a lake or river. No chance of dinging any props here. smirk.gif But then I'd have to get a new boat as mine definitely won't work on the river. I'd have no problem with that.

Rlinn

I just got my 16'Alumacraft Jon running and wonder if I should dare the Miss. It's a MV with a classic 50 Merc with Trim/Tilt. I was thinking about launching at the lower Rum and crusing the Miss. below the 169 bridge. What should I look out for? Yes the prop is aluminum. Looking for a good Catfish hole.Any tips?

Mark Christianson

As long as you stay on the downstream side of the Anoka Champlin bridge, run wild and free. Go above the bridge and it immediately changes.

As far as cat spots, no help that I can give on that.

MSRiverdog

I'm gonna get the tow rope out and charge to pull them out, them newbees with more guts than brains are are gonna start eating props amd skegs like a free meal in the upcoming weeks. I went a couple miles up today and made a few lines in the riverbed with my skeg while on plane. Dragged bottom on the float back and hung on a small rock once. Welcome to the river, looks like last year all over again, it's a little lower than normal June today. blush.gifblush.gif

Rlinn

What about the 610 bridge area? Can you launch and go up from 694? My Jon has about a 24" draft with the motor trimmed up and still pumping water. I saw some good cat areas up there the other day walking the bank. I can't wait to find a jet pump for my 50 hp.

Mark Christianson

Ebass could comment on that area I believe.

river rat316

Depending on the size of your Jon boat, that 50 will be a 35 horse with the pump on it, that might be underpowered with guys and gear in it, there aint nothing worse than an underpowered jet boat! The last thing you want is to be dragging along trying to get up on plane in 2' of water or less!

EBass

The 610 area is about the same as the 694 area. Just go slow until you know where the deeper channel resides. It gets a lil scary as you get closer to the CR dam. I haven't been up that way for a couple of years. I draft about 14", and some spots I pucker. shocked.gif Read the river and you should be fine, but I'm not paying for a new lower unit if you rip it off tongue.gif