Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
txbowhunter1972

Round Lake

7 posts in this topic

Has anyone been on round lake yet? I see people talkin about the water level and no walleye's. I am heading that way at the end of the month clear from Texas. Can someone give me a report on the lake it sure would be helpful, Thanks.

its been pretty dead for the walleye this year

sorry

Jason

How's the pike been biting? I am bring my family up for vacation. We will be staying @ Bojou Lodge. I haven't been up there in 25yrs.

You will have no problem catching northerns but the down side is the size. It's tough getting any over two pounds. But they should give you lots of action. Good luck!!!

Thanks for the info. That's perfect size for my kids to have fun with.

Round is part of the chain of lakes with the new pike limits. The limit for pike is now 9 per person on Round, Squaw, Dora, Sand & Bowstring. Part of the reason there are so many hammer handles in the chain is people are harvesting the bigger fish and not taking the smaller eating fish.

The water is still very low on Round. This weekend I tried the east landing near town and with my front tires in the lake, my boat was still high & dry on the trailer. The north landing isn't much better since you have to walk the boat past the weeds to get the motor down.

Sorry, I forgot to mention this before there is a 22" to 36" protected slot on northerns and yes the limit is nine. That what happens when I have a few beers my memory goes. Keep those little critters, they taste great!!! Good luck!!