Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
8-Ball

Owasso

18 posts in this topic

Anybody been on Owasso lately? Any luck/info? Is the launch decent for a 17 foot w/ a 90 HP? Thanks. 8-Ball.

snake pike, snake walleyes, snake muskies and even snakie bass

was out on that lake friday, really hot, lost one nice pike though, caught a couple small bass,1 small eye,2 snakes, 1 skie, and a couple sunnies, i like icefishing owasso it seems like the fish r bigger in the winter

I fished the lake last on opening day in the evening and caught 20+ walleye. 23 incher was the biggest with mostly small ones!

Hog- what did ya use for the 'eyes? Anybody else have any info? Not spot on spot-just general info for Owasso?

The lake gets a lot of traffic from pleasure boaters and the access fills up quick. The access isnt great but you shouldnt have problems launching. I dont walleye fish much in the summer but this winter I figured Id try it out. From what I found is that their are lots of little eyes 10-12" and a few bigger 20"+ (which I dont keep) but not much in between. As far as other species... Bass, not much better than many of lakes in the area. Pike, a few nice ones but you probably wont catch much. Muskies, dont even get me started! I tried fishing them on more than one occasion with no success. Panfish are small, its famous for it stunted crappies...

Thanks for info Turn-Up. Will post if I get on there. Looking at Wed., hopefully...Even if it is slow- it beats workin'. 8-Ball.

we were slip bobber fishing with leeches. im hoping it wasnt a one time thing! next time we are up that way ill give it another shot.

Quote:

Muskies, dont even get me started! I tried fishing them on more than one occasion with no success.

Join the club! All I hear is Owasso produces big muskies, and all I get is lured into a big zero. As soon as I see a pic of an Owasso Muskie, maybe I'll be back...Actually, I'll probably hit Owasso this weekend because I'm so gullible. tongue.gif

they're in there. there are alot of other lakes that i would fish before that one though. white boy, bald eagle, calhoun, harriet, forest, etc.

Turnup's info is right on in my book. We have seen a few northern in Owasso - one day had two big ones follow a lure in & decide that the boat made a nice cool shadow for them to lurk in. Both stuck around for a few minutes so we had a great look at them. Both appeared to be 30 inches plus which is a big northern in the metro in my book. Good fun even if we didn't hook the toothy things. grin.gif

you guys talking about the Owasso in Shoreview?

yes roseville/little canada area! so are trolling rapalas the best for northerns there in owasso?

I have wanted to summer walleye fish owasso, but I normally just bass fish it. In the winter we killed little waleye (8-12) inchers and then later in the winter we found a crappie honey-hole, but most were smaller (6-8) inchers. Biggest winter crappie there was 11 inches and my biggest winter walleye was 18 inches.

My friend lives on this lake and his neighbor walleye fishes a lot. He said to fish in 10-15 FOW by the ski jump. He said around the ski jump there is a rock pile that he kills them on.

I tihnk I am gonna try this weekend...I wil post my results.

Good Luck guys

i seen a guy catch a 43' inch muskie out there this year, on a spinnerbait, so i casted and casted and casted, and i have only caught snake pike, good luck everyone

Quote:

i seen a guy catch a 43' inch muskie out there this year, on a spinnerbait, so i casted and casted and casted, and i have only caught snake pike, good luck everyone

my freind caught one small muskie though when we were out there

I was not able to get out there today as planned- I was summoned to the garage for Garage Sale duty all day. Hoping next week... 8-Ball.

Was out last night and was very supprised at the size of the bass in this lake. I had about 6 fish 14-15", two 17", and one 21.5" !! The big one must have been pushing 6.5 lbs, very nice fish I realy never new they were in there.