Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
palisade1kid

Wilkins

18 posts in this topic

I drilled a 40" pike on Wilkins last night.

It weighed around 20# lbs.

It was a monster for sure.I had just got my new 6'6" ml Grandt and wanted some action.

The bass & smaller pike had been abundandt so we set out for some action.Working just off the cabbage edges I get this small hammerhandle when all of a sudden my rod starts bending in a huge arc. Well then this monster pike swim from under the boat with my 14" pike in it's mouth.

As I'm fighting it it let's go of the pikey about8 feet from the boat. As i'm reeling in the turd he hammers it again.It's not letting go for nothing. So after about 3 runs it comes by the boat & dude nets it.It was 40" and it was around 20 lbs.

I thought we had video but the freakin batteries died on the previou 6 videos of bass.

We got home & were so bummed when it was not on the chip.It was awesome the way it flaired up when it hit that hammer handle on the second go around.

no eyes but 10 bass & a bunch of pike with some rockies mixed in made it a fun time & I do love my new rod.

Good job CK. I caught ine that was 38" memorial weekend. I was fishing for sunnies with a small flu-flu in the weeds.It was on that weedy lake you do not like to fish. I will e-mail it to you since I do not know how to post it.

I'll put it up for you.

I just get frustrated with the weeds over there,not to say it does not have fish in it.

I guess set up with a buzz bait I'd be ok.

Would that weedy lake be any where near the one I took my username from?? We were on a lake known for northerns and bass last weekend, but the wind wouldn't let me troll to well, so we gave it up. Had only 1 hit on a spoon.

Rat Tom,Rat.

Ah...I thought Rock

You really know how to.....nevermind, it's not worth it.

Why don't you go find the Walleyes and 13" Crappies on Fleming?

Its been a while since there have been any 13 inch crappies on Fleming. I'll be up this thurs eve. I'll be checking out the indian names and can any body give me directions to round lake. The small round lake with the church camp on it. I was there a few years ago and my memory is a little foggy accept that if a could drive the old train track bed I could get there.

Are you talking about that round right on the grade?

Quote:

You really know how to.....nevermind, it's not worth it.

Why don't you go find the Walleyes and 13" Crappies on Fleming?

I see you feel like making love.

crappiekeith, yup I'm looking for the round lake on the grade can you help me out? how do i get there from Mcgregor

I think you take a right on Country 62 about 1 mile west of Mcgregor on 210.

I never drive there on a road. I always take the grade.

Here's an airial link. http://www.google.com/maps?q=McGregor,+MN,+USA&sa=X&oi=map&ct=image

Look for the grade leaving McGregor.then head NW.the 1st lake you come to on the right is the Round your looking for.

Thanks, I was never to sure that I could drive on the grade. I thought it was just for atv use. I will certainly take it if that is ok. It will be a lot quicker to get to Palisade to.

Only on 4 wheelers,no cars or trucks unless you have a permit.

Gonna hit Wilk for some bass & pike tonight.

I'll post up some vids if anything worthwhile shows itself.

th_Picture055.jpg

th_Picture057.jpg

th_Picture056.jpg

th_Picture049.jpg

Mallard & I hit Wilkins for a few eyes and whatever else wanted to hit.

We managed a few stocker eyese witch were tossed back and a bunch of smaller bass.

Mallard had the hot rod.I did catch a few ,but he did most of the rearing.

Here's a few vids.

http://s65.photobucket.com/albums/h209/palisade1kid/?action=view&current=Picture015.flv

http://s65.photobucket.com/albums/h209/palisade1kid/?action=view&current=Picture007.flv

http://s65.photobucket.com/albums/h209/palisade1kid/?action=view&current=Picture009.flv

http://s65.photobucket.com/albums/h209/palisade1kid/?action=view&current=Picture017.flv

http://s65.photobucket.com/albums/h209/palisade1kid/?action=view&current=Picture013.flv

The sunset was gorgous & so was the ait temp for a fun night of fishing.

Picture024-2.jpg

The eyes are being caught in 17-18 fow.

Bass are everywhere.

Picture087.jpg