Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MuskieKing

Any muskies out of Bald eagle of White bear?

9 posts in this topic

Has anybody been catching muskies on those lakes? Its been real slow for me..only follows!!

I spent from about 9am to 1pm out on White Bear and not a thing for Muskies but I did catch a couple of the little slim rockets thats it

Big Fish Hunter247

I fished White bear on Wed 6am to 2pm. Had one muskie on (around 40ish) for a few quick seconds and then she wanted to see how high she could jump!!!!

I moved a few more fish after that. All my action came in a 15 minute window.

So far in the metro this year it seems to be real short feeding windows.

Anybody having any luck with the Tigers yet?

Brian

I caught one muskie from Spoon lake.. It was around 30 or 35 inches..

I caught one bass fishing on Bald Eagle 2 weeks ago! On a spinnerbait... at least 40".... didn't have a net... so didn't get it in the boat.

The man with a 40" BASS - MUST BE A WORLD RECORD! haha, right there out of Bald Eagle. Would have been a great headliner. So was it a Musky? or a 20" bass?

OPPS! Yeah.. I meant Muskie.. lol! blush.gif

Wish it was a bass.. I would be famous!

I went on Sunday to try to get anything out of Bald Eagle - I did not find any 'skis but I did find several northerns and bass, all in the north end of the lake by the big set of private docks. Nothing worth noting, though...bit was really slow unless you were using worms, and then it was mainly sunnies and crappies biting.

On another note, I've never seen a launch as busy and packed as what I saw yesterday - boats 9-12 deep waiting to launch/get off. However, I do have to say everyone was really nice and quick about getting their boats in and out!

I beg to differ on the launch at Hairy Sparrow (Bald Eagle) on Sunday. We all know father's day is going to be the day for the amateurs at the ramp. I wasn't expecting to see much that impressed me there, but one that baffled me was a guy with his wife and 4 kids. Backs the ski boat into the water, gets it off the trailer, his wife holds the front of the boat while the 4 kids jump in, in the meentime, the back of the boat swings around. This blocked the other ramp, the boat swung all the way around so it was basically backwards on the trailer. Then he just moved it to the end of the dock so it was perpendicular, gets out and goes to park the truck, still blocking one of the two ramps.

I think from now on, if a person is having trouble, I might go and help them out and offer them some tips. We should all think about this and maybe it will relieve some of the stress at the ramp by helping rather than getting frustrated.