Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dahitman44

Radio is wet?

6 posts in this topic

Ok -- now I have radio troubles. With all of the rain and extremely high humidity do you think that is why it is not working?

It is the am/fm CD on my NEW boat. With have been getting a ton of rain over the last few weeks and the humidity has been extremely high.

Do you think it will "dry" out or is it shot and a warranty issue?

Thanks

Hit

so ... um ... yeah ... Anyone know what I am talking about, eh?

Hopped in the boat last weekend our radio didn't work either...Worked when I went out last and dad took it for ONE morning and it don't work. Figured he'll use the boat this weekend and blame me for it not working. Don't know never had any problems with ours before. Don't know if it's just bumped down the road too many times and a wire came lose or it got too wet.

Usually the radios that go into boats are coated on the board with a corrosion resistant spray. This helps with the high humidity, but if it gets wet and is on you can still short circuit the radio. A regular car radio is not going to last as long as ones rated for marine use. If you do have to buy a new one I'd get a cheapo at best buy then buy the service plan. Don't tell them that it was in a boat and at least then if you have problems you can get it fixed.

Well it came with the boat -- I need to look. It better have been a marine radio.

mad.gif

Dont rip off Best buy, I work at the corporate office.

Just kidding people do that with all of our products.

My friend had similar problems with his boat. The boat manf. replaced it with no questions. Must be a common problem in some boats.