• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

MINNESOTA STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS BASS OR WALLEYE AMERICAN CANCER SOCIETY

THIS IS A 100 BOAT TOURNAMENT ON gREEN lAKE SPICER MN JULY 14 ,2007

1.4 FISH NO CULL

2.NO SPEEDS OVER 45 MILES PER HOUR

3.NO ENTERING OR FISHING WITHIN 100 YARDS CALHOUN REFUGE BRIDGE

4.NO PHONE CONTACT BETWEEN BOATS IN TOURNAMENT

5.NO FISHING WITHIN 50 YARDS OTHER BOATS UNLESS INVITED IN

6.BOATS LEAVE IN ORDER REGISTERED

7.RULES MEETING AT SPICER AMERICAN LEGION AT 6:00 A.M.

WE WILL START CHECKING BOATS AT 5:30 IN PARKING LOT ACROSS STREET.

8.ANY CHANGE OF PARTNER ADD $25.00

9.FIRST FLIGHT IS FULL AND LEAVES AT 7:15 A.M.

RETURNS AT NO LATER THAN 2:00 SAULSBURY BEACH

10.SECOND FLIGHT LEAVES AT 7:40 AND MUST BE AT SAULSBURY BEACH BY 2:45

11.ONE SPECIES ONLY IN BOAT AT A TIME

12.YOU MAY ENTER TO FISH SECOND SPECIES AFTER WEIGHING IN FIRSTAND REREGISTERING AT A FEE OF $50.00 BOAT AND $25.00 BIG FISH

13.ARTIFICIAL BAIT ONLY FOR BASS TOURNAMENT

$75.00 TOTAL PER TEAM PER SPECIES

SPECIES BEING FISHED AT START WALLEYE OR BASS

BOATER NAME

ADDRESS

PARTNER NAME

ADDRESS

PHONE NUMBER

BOAT BRAND

MOTOR BRAND

TOW VEHICLE BRAND

CHECKS MADE OUT TO FISHING FOR A CURE

PO BOX 11 SPICER MN 56288-0011

some answers to questions we get on phone

throw a marker if you want to hold boat out of 50 yard area.but if someone asks to come in be considerate

[this last weekend at one of bass tourneys some tempers flared]

Boats leave in one minute intervals,until they are gone[not a shotgun start]Silverado proves lake doesnt fish small,two boats leaving in 40s finished in top ten

Yes you can weigh your starting species have boat checked and reregister for other species[all boats that reregister will come in second time at 2:45 p.m.

Yes we are over half full so second flight now gets to leave in order of postmark time on entry

We have given out over 850 applications,so we do expect to fill,requests keep coming in

Yes teams get free breakfast starting at 5:30 a.m. at American Legion,at or earlier you can have your boat checked across the street

If weather is bad we will draw for CASH prizes at 11:00

Yes this is MINNESOTAS state championship and persons of all fishing ability can enter.[You do not need to have any yearly dues or have ever qualified for any other things to be part of this.

Fishing For A Cure po box 11 Spicer Mn 56288-0011

Shawn L from Willmar and Clayton [bootsie] from Raymond are this weeks new entrys.Both are for walleye.

Still room for teams

Tonight we Have meeting for all Relay for life teams for the Kandiyohi County American Cancer Society.

In Kandiyohi county we have over 40 teams doing events for fundraising this year.

We are one of two from Spicer and I also am on a team that lsat year had 3 teams 35 members[fishing booths]

We really need more entrants for this Fishing Contest so we Know if we hold a fall one here or where it and the next years tourneys will be held.

We have a lot of entrys but very few from this area.

So if you know anyone that could help support this by attending please egg them on to enter.

The fish bite is still great and it was last year during the week of July 14th.

Thanks for entering guys,hey Chuck G. Willmar just entered too,all three teams are Walleye,

Another Bass team Shaun from Willmar thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I need to change my name for the tournment. Who do I need to contact in regards to that? Is there a number I can call or is there another way to change partners name?

I sent in our registrations & our check has been cashed but I have not received any confirmation or additional information. From the origianl paperwork we rcvd it appears that launch order should have been chosen, where are we launching from & what time?

Thank you,

Jhawke

i am fishing with a cancer survivor. any form or proof of entry qualifications needed? thanks.

looks like cooler weather 77

Mr D,

I need some more paper too, specially the green kind with $100 written on it......the one with Ben's photo I think, they call it $100 dollar Bill....... grin.giftongue.gif..( I figure just ask since you are offering Primetime49 some paper grin.gif.......)

no J.... toilet paper and klenex...for the crying that will take place mid saturday when "2 fish takes the tourny."

Hey guys some people will need the t-paper to shed teers when they realize they didnt fish this Saturday.

Everyone can still enter over phone with a guarentee to show up Saturday morning.

Couple more teams from WCI G.Peterson ,Sacred Heart with partner D. Olson Fridley.

I think WCI is in first with most company generated entrys.

Wouldnt it be nice if your boss gave you entry money and told you to go fishing.

Just a hint of other events tied to Relay for Life Kandiyohi County Fundraising for The American Cancer Society.

We have 42 different teams with different fundraising ideas.

Some are

Motorcycle run last month June Over 200 particapated

Snowmobile For life I believe over 300 particapated?correct me if I am wrong[no snow but event held anyway]

Wayne and Marida Slinden Golf Tourney 140 participated Couple weeks ago.I called her beauty,she had a beauty shop,both her and Wayne passed away from cancer.I remember Wayne helping with the Govenors open here like 10 years ago and really miss guys like that and her humor.

I figured we could find enough fishermen from this area to represent this outdoor sport have numbers close to those.

MOST POSTS

I COULD STILL REMOVE ARE TO HONOR AND REMEMBER THE PERSONS THAT DIDNT GET THEIR CANCERS FIXED

IN MEMORY OF OUR LOST FISHING PARTNERS WE CELIBRATED THEM TODAY

THANK YOU

Thanks for the great tourny and supporting a good cause. Was alot of fun and we were only 4oz from the $$$$. DANG!!

thanks for getting all the sponsors and the breakfst too.

Mr. D,

Where is my paper? Commo'n Man need that paper.........Hurrrry up. crazy.gif

Say, stop by when you get a chance, like to get your experteeze how to run this smoker that I have bought now........figure you may be able to show how it works.

J.

Where will the results be posted from saturdays tournament? Will it be in a local paper or online only?

Its here at FISHING MINNESOTA.

Walleye Queen a team with male -female were in on the money.

Papers didnt really give us any pre tourney hipe so doubt we will see any results.

Also it was a really good time and looking forward to next ones.

Just got home from Lake Superior and am working on a river and lake tournament for next season up there.

Thanks for eveyone for supporting the AMERICAN CANCER SOCIETY fundraiser.

We should have quite a schedule for next season as several sports shows have stepped up with donated booth space to get the word out.