Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
weld1

How to make locater read at higher speeds-looses signal

weld1

I have a 06 Alumacraft trophy 180 w/150 4 stroke yamaha, i have a x15 lowrance and while on plane i loose signal on locater, in 10-15 feet it might read like 160 feet and jumps around alot, i have a mounting board on the back and have adjusted the transducer down but it didnt help much.. any ideas on correct mounting would be great! thanks for the help

FlyingV

Make sure the transducer's bottom surface is lower then the bottom of your boat. Also, make sure there are no rivets or "ribs" in front of the transducer that may be causing the water to cavitate before it gets to the transducer.

Also, it may help to have the transducer tipped downward so the bottom is pointing towards the front of the boat at about 20 degrees (from horizontal).

Good luck!

sparcebag

Try increasing ping speed and reducing sensitivity. confused.gif

scaup

Before you pull out the tools and start moving your transducer around do as sparcebag suggested.

hanson

My Lowrance LMS-334 was losing depth reading at high speeds as well. Mine is mounted to the right of the motor on a mounting plate as well. When I come off plane, I pick the signal up again.

So I pulled out the tools! smile.gif My simple solution was to rotate the transducer so it is angled more towards the front of the boat. Its not angled much, but it isn't dead level with the bottom of the boat either. It only took 1 click on the mounting bracket to get it where it needs to be. Its been fine ever since.

ozzie

there was an article on this in the Outdoor News recently....I think the Bass opener issue......

weld1

Thanks for the ideas guys, i hope to go out in the AM and try it somewhere,

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• JerkinLips
      9-11am was best time both days.
    • littlebear
      If you are willing to go a little further into Canada, I would recommend Hollinshead Resort, a few hours north of Thunder Bay.  The resort is the only one on the lake, and in June offers excellent Walleye Fishing, as well as some dandy Northern Pike.  It's somewhere you can drive to as well. 
    • monstermoose78
      Caught 20-23 gills and 6 crappies. Fun day on the 10 inches of ice. The whole lake was close to the same where I cut all the holes out and around
    • Wanderer
      I’m still seeing very random thicknesses all over.  In the past few days I’ve been from St. Cloud to Winnie and have seen vehicles on the ice and open water on the same lake. I’m in Little Falls.  Tonight I checked 2 lakes NW of town.  Both had people fishing.  One looked to be safe for wheeler travel and the other, very near it, still had an open lead and you could see the difference between the first sheet of ice and the second. I hope it doesn’t get covered with snow anytime soon so we can still tell where the changes are. Be safe. Bring floatation and picks.  And don’t drive yet! Ruh ro....
    • Bigfatbert
        Nice fish , great pics ,, what times of the day were best for you ?        
    • KidMoe
      I was on a small north metro lake today and found between 2.5 and 4 inches. One of the spud bar holes I punched started spewing water up so definitely needs a little more time. 
    • trebormorgan
      I was out on Round Lake last night (12/9/17) for the first time of the year. I was very surprised to see 12 inches of ice. I checked a few other holes and found anywhere from 11-12 inches. Keep in mind, I was about 300 yds out from the southeast shoreline. I’m not sure if it’s consistent across the middle of the lake. I only saw one group with a snowmobile. All other groups walked out, at least where was.  Anyone have any reports for ice thickness on other lakes in the area?
    • Billy G
      Alot of open water pockets on bigger lakes still, some people out on cannon on 3 inches about 60 yards or less from shore. 
    • sartellangler05
      Called baitshop, he said people are going out from beach and a couple houses out. Wouldn't say how much ice. Who's got an ice depth?
    • Mike89
      awesome fish!!!!  see ya in March!!