Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
alex1

Ten Mile Bite

3 posts in this topic

I have a buddy that is turning 40 this weekend and want to take him out to Ten Mile and chase a few Eyes and Smallies around. Has anyone been out there lately, are the fish biting or should I come up with plan B? Thanks in advance for any info anyone can throw my way, I do appreciate it. laugh.gif

It was hot opener, then we fished it sunday=jack squat..it can be the hottest lake around but on the right day of course!! a lot of guys complain about the smallies in there when fishin for eyes, but u said you are goin for them to so, no complaints. Beware of the points coming out of the bay where the access is, there is also an island further out from where you come out of the bay.. hopefully they have that marked by now they usually do. Around that sunken island can be a good spot for the smallies and eyes. But beware of the rocks if I didn't make any sense.

Thanks fishin58, I do have a GPS that has the lakemaster chip for it and Ten Mile is illustrated. So I did have somewhat of a game plan. The tips from guys that have been out there are always helpful. Are the lake levels pretty good or are they low across the points? What do you suggest for presentation, is it best to rig, or are cranks the way to go?