Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Heartman

Gun Lake?

11 posts in this topic

Anybody on Gun yet? How's the walleye fishing been?

It's been slow ,but they are there.

CK -

I believe I asked this before, but how is the water level on Gun? Still pretty low? Weedlines setting up yet?

yes it's low even with these rains.

The cabbage tips are popping up everywhere.

Just the kind of info I'm lookin' for - are you still finding those crappies on Gun? I suppose the water has warmed up quite a bit by now...in days past, we'd run into a school now and again while trolling for walleyes. Then that cabbage started producing a few as well.

And I forgot to mention the big sunnies we'd catch trolling for walleyes. Wife pulled one in that was a smidge under 11" - I could barely(!) get my hand around it. We both thought she had a decent 'eye on right up until we netted it!

Fun, fun, fun.

cool beans.Those gills can fight!

hey crappiekeith.. ive been going to gun lake since 1971. had cabin for 15yrs on gun. where is your place??

In Palisade.

watch out for that dang kid in the blue lund

sorry ck im new at this site,dont know my way around yet. you talk about crappies, i knew gun lake when it had three pound crappies in it.does anybody remember stapps resort on gun it was on the seast side,they had about 7 cabins and the camp grounds down on the south end.we used to get sunnies the size of dinner plates im not kidding

even if I knew I could not say.

I've been asked not to mention lakes anymore.

You'll have to privately email me.

palisade1kid@yahoo.com

I was giving almost daily reports.that had to stop.

Now no matter the lake I'll post in Lard lake thread. Feel free to get up with me to see what's what on the water these days.

It sure would be nice to be open about what's going on.

It seems almost worthless making posts nowadays.

Since I'm not seeing responces or questions I'm thinking about using this forum as it was designed which is to give different lake info as it happens regaurdless of the attacks by the few unhappy lake residents.

sorry to be so negative as you are new here,but if you read some of my post in these threads of our area you'll see what I'm talking about.

I'm hoping to make you feel at home and whatever I can do for you ,just name it.

CK in Palisade