Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
glojig

winnie's humps

10 posts in this topic

headed to winnie 15-17 wondering what humps have been producing walleyes and what technigue seems to be working

starting to see some on the humps jigging with shiner was taking some and leeches on lindy some

Jason

I've been hearing some good reports from rebel hump directly to the northwest of us about 3 1/2 miles out.

I was at Winnie all week. Tried the north shore bite early with little success. Fished the humps Wed- Fri. did very well releasing over 30-walleyes over 17 inches in 3 days. Caught some eating sized fish also. Seemed as though the fish were not on the tops but sides of the humps. Used Lindy/leech exclusively red hook seemed to help. We have never caught so many big fish...it was a blast!

Sounds like you had a good trip. I'm heading up the weekend before the 4th and hope to have that kind of success. I actually caught a few out on the humps the first weekend in June but there were plenty of fish shallow still so I didn't spend much time out there. Did you find any over 26"? Our group has landed some 25" and 26" fish this year but it's rare to see them much bigger than that. One of these times we may actually be on the big lake at the same time. Let me know the next time you are going to be up.

Grant the big fish for the week was 25 1/2 we had one other 25 lots of 23's. Do not know if I'll be back up heading to LOW next week after that back to reality!

Good luck on LOW. I'll be there the last weekend in July. So why back to reality so soon? You're gonna miss alot of good fishing.

Hey Tcroz....gotcha this morning with a 26.25'

nice fish...fishing advice is going to cost you!!!

try sugar bar, near sugar lake, go into deep water come up the slope of the bar bam bam, double or triple catches, larry, ron and i sat on that bar for 4 hrs done very good, useing leeches on a lindy rig with a red bead. i even caught a 4 1/2 lb pike trolling. i also caught one nice muskie too.

flamefox2010@yahoo.com