Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dilleyo

Shorefishing the rivers

5 posts in this topic

I have been fishing the Mississippi a lot recently, just throwing a worm on and see what bites. Then later in the evening casting rapalas for eyes or smallies with a little bit of success. I was just wondering if there were a lot of the same types of places to fish the St. Croix, since I live in Woodbury and it would be closer for me. Thanks in advance.

I used to go down by Prescott by the beach, they have changed the area since the last time I was there, but I think it is still open to fishing.

Thanks. I think I might just spend a day cruising the shores looking for some spots. I have a friend that fishes the Wisconsin side, but I haven't been able to contact him.

Yup...did that too. up by the old railroad bridge in North

Hudson and also where the Saint Mary's river comes into the St. Croix....good parking at both spots. sometimes fish too.

I went out yesterday to check out spots in Afton state park and it looked like there were a lot of OK spots to fish, but about a 3/4 mile hike just to get to the river from the parking lot. Maybe I'll drive down to Prescott or up to North Hudson and give them a shot. Thanks for the advice.