Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
outfishedagain

any muskie action yet

13 posts in this topic

I'm coming up sat. and was looking for a little day time action with the big monsters before the night bite for walleyes?

I was up there last weekend and the bite was good...I wont get into too much detail but we were fishing weed beds near deep water. Dark color bucktails and reefhogs were working best. As for the report fri we had 6 follows and landed a 53"er (I will post pics when I download them) and sat we had 9 follows but only a 42"er in the boat! Both are still swiming for you to catch!

thanks for a info, about what time of day were you out there. like i said we'd like to be in a spot by about 7 for the night walleye bite. but at least their active.

Most early afternoon from 1-5.

thanks for the help, that plans out my day for me.

53"er Nice fish. i would love to see the pic. I have not made it up there yet but pics help. 15 follows in two days is great to hear. Would have been nice to land more fish, That is Muskie Fishing. Was there any size to the other fish?

I'm heading up there to fish the afternoon and evening today...will check back with a report. Come on "Musky Gods," be good to me! wink.gif

Fished the south end for a few hrs yesterday and boated a nice mid 30's pike and lost a mid 40's muskie. Zero fallows.

Duck

was wonder how warm was the water temp? was the weed growth good? I am coming up their in the next few weeks just looking for some info!

Didn't seem active yesterday...2 short strikes on topwater over weeds and nothing else. Fished on the south end from about 5:30pm until 1am...weeds, rocks, deep, shallow. We'll get 'em next time I guess. : )

water temps were anywear from 67- 75 cabbage is about 5 feet as of today.

I started out Thursday looking for carp in the shallows with my bow. Nothing doing, so started fishing the weedline in Garrison Bay for muskies. Had one very violent strike, but didn't hook up....not sure what it was. Later, caught a nice 29 inch walleye on a bucktail. Caught a few smallies too, but no muskies. Bugs were tolerable after dark. Looking forward to July...

I was out yesterday on the south end of the lake boated a 49in and caught some small northern's no other follow's