Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
swedishpimple

Cleaning fish in the House

swedishpimple

For years I have always cleaned my fish by the kitchen sink. Last year I got married....apparently I am no longer going to be allowed to do this.

I like to do it in the house because it is warm in the winter and bug free in the summer. Not to mention having water there. If you keep your fish cool and clean them right away there is no stink or anything.

How many of you guys clean your fish in the house??

Shack

I am a garage guy. I tried years ago, but wife has a fit with the smell.

Then she would even complain when I deep fry, stinks the house up.

Eric Wettschreck

I set up my board on the counter right next to the kitchen sink. My Mrs doesn't mind at all. Or, if she does mind, she doesn't say anything. grin.gif

nytelyter

as my counters are to low i do them right at the kitchen table. and my cats never argue with me for doing it either. ... paul

harvey lee

I purchased a plastic type board that fits the top of my chest freezer in the garage and it works well and my wife is just fine with the garage.

BobT

My wife has a fit too. I have a sink in the basement and I do it there. I don't understand the objection. It's food after all.

Bob

LBSPORTSMEN

It's been 5 years since I cleaned a fish in the house... It has also been 5 years since I fished everyday of the week...

"And that is all I have to say about that." grin.gif

Kyle Sandberg

I'm a kitchen dude. I lay down a whole lot of newspaper and lay the fish right next to the sink. After I'm done, guts go in the freezer and the meat in my bellie.

Hammer Handle

I clean fish in the house...unless I have a better spot outside (less cleanup).

In the winter, they are all cleaned in the house.

My wife, who doesn't eat fish, knows this is one of the things I do and has never complained.

I also gut ducks in the house. This smell is worse, but she lives with it. Just like she has to live with me wink.gif

Shack

LBS,

You must have gotten married five years ago grin.gif.

Jeremy airjer W

The best advice I have ever received was from my 9th grade civics teacher. He always said if there was a problem or situation you didn't want to deal with just ignore it, and it will go away! grin.gif

Its been working pretty good so far!! grin.gifblush.gifwink.gif

LBSPORTSMEN

Yep.. grin.gif

iland99

I'm a kitchen guy too. The only complaints I get is when she finds crappie scales on the cabinets 3 days later. She hasn't seen me clean an eelpout yet, I'm guessing that won't be her favorite thing to watch.

Ebiz

I clean all my walleyes, crappies, sunnies and trout in the kitchen next to the sink. Just got married last year and I was wondering how that would go over. I always make sure there aren't any stray scales left afterwards, so far so good. Same thing with venison, as long as the blood gets wiped up there aren't any complaints.

The two things I do make sure to do in the garage are northerns and ducks/geese. Both wind up being pretty messy for me and I figure why push the envelope.

Mudcat21

Right by the sink for me.....She get's a little fisty with the scales all over....oh well. She's gotta ride me for something grin.gif

Da Beak

I'm also banished to the garage. On the plus side, "The Bride" digs right in and helps me. Does a darn good job too! laugh.gif

papabear

my wife doesnt care where I clean fish as long as i cleanup and her mom gets a filete. All i got ta do now is teach my daughter to clean up after me and Im good to go.

swedishpimple

Looks my my wife might be out of line here...but I will be reduced to a garage guy too I guess. Until I build a fish and game/cleaning room.

Sandmannd

I had this idea to build one and then found exactly what I was going to build at a garage sale. You tak an old ironing board and put formica on it. Then I put the tail older on it and clean on that. Even has a bar that comes out the end to hang a bucket from. Best part is adjustabl height so I can sit to clean. I use it if I have a lot but if it's just a couple I do them by the sink.

RedDB76

Ditto with the ironing board! It is slick - and when you put it all the way up, it is a perfect height for us taller guys.

Works well to throw in the truck for cleaning fish at a campground, boat launch, or any other place that doesn't have a fish cleaning station.

My garage is heated - so the garage works well in the winter too!

sparcebag

I use a 55 gal plastic barrel with a 30"x60" board on it in the yard,garden hose, guts across the road,scales a couple inches deep get cleaned up once a year,if the bugs are bad the ole girl suggests inside,but I dont like cleaning the kitchen,when I do it inside its LOTA of newspapers!

Bassboy1645

Fish cleaning borad on the counter, table or center island of the kitchen whereever there is space, water and freezer is close and carcasses get thrown out the back window on to our hillside for the animials to clean up. No smell, no mess, or at least that I notice.... grin.gif

Dances with Walleye

My fiance and I are currently living in my Bachelor Shack of a house... As such my indoor fish cleaning has sort of been Grandfathered into the kitchen...

However I keep recieveing hints that "Once we move into The Real House." I'll have to have Mud room in the basement somewhere to clean them at.

kaz2611

lol wait until your wives find out the iron board is missing and discovers it out in the yard covered in scales lmao grin.gifshocked.gif

channelfats

My wife is fillipino, and only wants the guts pulled, leave eye balls, gills, you name it. then baked whole. It takes 3-5 minuites for any limit I bring home. Except pannies. Scales left on, done in sink, lets eat.