Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Stratosman

June 12th report

Stratosman

Hit the water with a friend at about 5:00, fished smallies for a couple hours with moderate success, once the wind died a bit along with the boat traffic, we decided to try for some eye's. About 7:00 we pulled up to the sand break, we managed 6 all saugers with once real nice 21" sauger, the rest between 14" and 17". Leeches and crawlers from 13' to 25' of water slowly dragged down river lindy style. Turned out to be a beautiful evening, another quality night on the Croix!

Walli1

Sounds like you had fun, wish i could make it out during the week! 21" sauger nice cool.gif

Stratosman

The river seldom disappoints...Biggest saug of the season so far....

Saw the pic of the sow from your boat last weekend, nice looking beast.

Walli1

Stratosman, are you going to be hitting the river this weekend? I'll be out early saturday morning, shooting for being on the water by 3:30 on off by 8. The biggest sauger I ever caught was 23" caught on the miss, the croix on the other hand is 20 1/2, which of course I tossed back, eyes on the other hand, the one in that photo is my second largest caught on the croix and the 5th largest I've ever caught, Catch and release is really important, tomorrows trophies depend on it! Can't wait to get back on the river!! cool.gif

GreyGoose

I know I'll be down there this weekend. I Did go back out last Sun. nite but it wasn't my nite. I only got sheephead! My g/f caught a nice crappie and her friend caught a sauger. And speaking of hawg saugs, I caught a 25.5"er last spring down on lake Pepin. It was a few split-shot down the throat away from breaking the state record, which is 6lbs,4oz. or something. But I did the sportman like thing and photoed her, and sent it back in.

Anyways I'll be out Sat. morning, I launch outta st.Croix Bluffs so the earliest I can get out is 6am. Walli, Stratos, where do you guys head out from?

FWA

As a non-employed model of walli1's, I'd be happy to say that he launches out of Hubs across the river from Hastings. The folks that run that place are very nice, too! grin.gif

Walli1
FWA ARE YOU GOING TO BE OUT TOMORROW?

Stratosman

I don't know yet....maybe Sat. real early like yourself. I usually hit weekday evenings mostly though. One of these weekends I will hit it in the early a.m. by golly, then I will try to say hola to ya!

I launch out of Plans in cowtown Hastings in the early hours or the Bluffs for the weekday evenings.

If I don't make it this weekend good luck and I will be checking back for reports. Otherwise Tuesday looks like the next day for me. cool.gif

FWA

Quote:

FWA ARE YOU GOING TO BE OUT TOMORROW?

Nope, can't go out tomorrow. Gotta do a family day because on Sunday, my brother is setting up a guide trip for us on P4. That'll be fun.

I did try a couple of those spots the other evening. Didn't catch any eyes but my son did manage a nice 6-7 pound channel cat on a shad rap by where you caught your piggy.... wink.gif My brother and I only managed some small silver walleyes and a rock bass. Wasn't marking any fish at all.... frown.gif