• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Boating Etiquet

Big Fish Hunter247

I was fishing on Forest Lake Last evening and Some of the boaters out there can just be a pain but anyways my question is doesnt the waterskiing jetsking stuff like that have to be done by 7pm? or is that just on certin lakes?

Big Fish Hunter247

Quote:

I was fishing on Forest Lake Last evening and Some of the boaters out there can just be a pain but anyways my question is doesnt the waterskiing jetsking stuff like that have to be done by 7pm? or is that just on certin lakes?

Big Fish Hunter247

May only operate between 9:30 am and

one hour before sunset. From DNR website.

Also a lot of metro lakes have a "no wake" policy near fisherman, Minnetonka is 150 feet from any fisherman or shoreline. Does that stop people from ripping in between you and an island while you're casting at it - no, but that's the rule.

I seen it all the other day. I was fishing with my kids at local dam and jetskiers were running around on upper lake. They road the edge of the dam and were spraying their jetted water out over falls of dam. Their we people who got sprayed that were fishing below dam.

Unfortunately non-fishing activities are just a fact of life we have to contend with, and Forest Lake is one of those recreational lakes that would be good for fishing if it weren't for all the other traffic. I just shrug and move on to more fishable lakes.

I love to ski but also have the common courtesy not to go near fishermen. Probably cuz I love to fish too. I think its a back up when nothings biting