Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Big Fish Hunter247

Boating Etiquet

6 posts in this topic

I was fishing on Forest Lake Last evening and Some of the boaters out there can just be a pain but anyways my question is doesnt the waterskiing jetsking stuff like that have to be done by 7pm? or is that just on certin lakes?

Big Fish Hunter247

Quote:

I was fishing on Forest Lake Last evening and Some of the boaters out there can just be a pain but anyways my question is doesnt the waterskiing jetsking stuff like that have to be done by 7pm? or is that just on certin lakes?

Big Fish Hunter247

May only operate between 9:30 am and

one hour before sunset. From DNR website.

Also a lot of metro lakes have a "no wake" policy near fisherman, Minnetonka is 150 feet from any fisherman or shoreline. Does that stop people from ripping in between you and an island while you're casting at it - no, but that's the rule.

I seen it all the other day. I was fishing with my kids at local dam and jetskiers were running around on upper lake. They road the edge of the dam and were spraying their jetted water out over falls of dam. Their we people who got sprayed that were fishing below dam.

Unfortunately non-fishing activities are just a fact of life we have to contend with, and Forest Lake is one of those recreational lakes that would be good for fishing if it weren't for all the other traffic. I just shrug and move on to more fishable lakes.

I love to ski but also have the common courtesy not to go near fishermen. Probably cuz I love to fish too. I think its a back up when nothings biting

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• ANYFISH2
      7/19 Day 5   Day 5 was spent celebrating my Isaacs 11th birthday!  Lots of cake and catering to him.  The exciting typical swimmimg and paddling ruled the day.  Grandma and grandpa DeZurik came up to celebrate his birthday as well.  Always nice to get both sets of grandparents together at the same time.   Fishing continued slow even more.  Still a successful night though. The birthday boy conceded his seat in the boat so grandma and grandpa cpuld join me for the evening fish trip.  My folks in all truth haven't been fishing for 2 years or more.  It was just nice to get them in the boat.   I struggled as the acting to put them on a consistent bite.  Mom as able to scratch out the biggest walleye at 17".  Dad brought home the honors of most fish caught landing a 14" and 15" walleye, 8.5" bluegill, and 2 perch as big aa his leech! I mustered up 1 small pumpkinseed.
    • ANYFISH2
      no doubt aboit the hooks, they are lottle stickers.
    • DLD24
      I like drifting with them and snap jigging them with a controlled fall...Almost every time you'll feel that tick just as it's hitting bottom... Last time I was on mille lacs that's all I could get them to go on. As far as colors I'd just match the forage Tullies in the lake use blue,purples,silvers....Perch use perch colors.. I think the jiggin rap is my new favorite way to fish, but it gets scary with them little hooks when you got a big eye on lol.
    • DLD24
      Fished Big Sandy from 8-2 today and got 10 eyes (no keepers) keeper crappie and perch.... Marked tons of fish, but it was tough to get them to go, Lindy rig with a half crawler was the best by far. I tried leeches,jigging rap, jig n plastic. Points and reefs were the spots, later in the day a lot of fish were off the edges of the reefs... Just one day this year I'd like a happy medium weather wise, either I'm in 4ft rollers or 90 degrees with zero wind haha.
    • Garmandu
      According to Al Linder you can do it all with them...on his video that I watched a while back he was in deeper water throwing into 15 feet and working it back to the boat.  I have not tried it yet but will have to sometime this year.  Sand or gravel bottom would be the best.
    • ANYFISH2
      Just started playing with these this week as a friend has been have goos luck all summer with them on the Cass lake chain. I have not any success yet but not real sure on the best way to use them with my set this week.  My friend searches pods of fish out with electronics then spot locks and vertical jigs. I have no electronics or spot lock so I have been control drifting and jigging.   My questions...   Is there a depth they work better in, shallow vs. deeper?   Better vertically jigged vs trolled vs casted and jigged?   prime colors? of course my be lake dependent.   typically, aggressive jigging vs subtle jigging?   Thanks for tips
    • Perchy
      Yes, insured. I will ask the adjuster, thanks.
    • Captain Acorn
      Thanks cliff and lb I have actually had better luck with the puppet minnows from northland but I have mainly jigged them vertically definently is a fun way to fish 
    • LBerquist
      I've been trolling at about .5mph while using a jigging rap. This way one guy can still drag a lindy. I keep the front hook intact but my boat has contributed about half a dozen to the lake so far this summer. Im still working on getting the hang of it. If I know I'm in a rough area I will attempt to keep the jig from hitting bottom which still seems to be effective. I did pick up a couple off brands that don't have a front hook that I want to try. This is just what I have been toying around with, I'm definitely not an expert at it.
    • fisherjmb
      Hi Everyone, a couple of questions, I know there is free public boat ramp in Stillwater just above the lift bridge. Is there another public boat ramp further down river? I thought I read somewhere that Beanies is or was becoming a free public boat launch. Is that the case? Also, I am thinking of heading there on Monday to try my luck. Any tactics/depths/areas that have been producing for anyone?