Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Coach Dog

Sugar Lake by Glen

7 posts in this topic

A friend and I will be up there next weekend (6/23). We will be targeting bass and northern and maybe some walleye. I've never fished this lake before and would appreciate any information on these species. Is it decent?

Thanks, Coach Dog

My family has fished there often...2 aunts on the lake, and I know there's been at least 5 wally's over 10 lbs out of there, my dad has 2 of them on his wall! And 3 yrs ago I caught 7.75 lbs largemouth from a dock!

Fish the "saddle" between the holes and cast to the docks around the lake.

Thanks igotworms! Do you suggest any patterns to try for walleyes? I'll be sure to report how we do. Are there any other reports out there?

I wish I could help you.

I have not been on that lake for 35 years.

If you want to hit some other lake in the area give me a shout.218-845-8801

Drag shiners or redtails over the saddle, or my dad's favorite was to slow-troll the biggest sucker minnows he could get. Good luck

Over the top of the saddle or sides or? Shiner on a jig or lindy set-up?

Drift or slow troll from one drop-off to the other.(You can get a simple topo map from dnr website)

Jigs or lindys work, just have to try both and see what happens. Maybe try Gulp grubs...