• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Prop crotch!!! Ouch!

Anyone hear about the guy yesterday who got a prop stuck in his crotch area? Man,that ahta hurt! What lake was it?

First rule in boating...

KEEP YOUR CROTCH AWAY FROM A SPINNING PROPELLAR!!!

I thought everyone knew that.

I was scratching my head all morning trying to figure out how you get caught in the prop! I have done some stupid stuff in my lifetime, but never have I been in a situation where I could get my swim trunks caught in the moving propeller!

I have seen people make some big mistakes with boats and that would be a big one. That loud pop you heard was someone pulling their head out of...

Getting hit in the crotch with a prop,,, one of nature's ways of keeping the really stupid from reproducing. tongue.gif

Seen this trick at the public landing on Red last year. Some dudes boat wouldn't go on the trailer so he put the wife at the helm and got behinind the boat in waist deep water and started pushing on the back of the outboard as she gave it the onions. Thankfully a warden was at the dock and put an end to that madness before it got ugly.

Prop crotch... is that like jock itch?

I decided to use this as a learning moment. I told My 4 yr old that this is why he should never put his "swim suit area" near anything that resembles a blender... his response; "duh".

Quote:

I have a high school friend who had prop shoulder.

If it were me, it would have been, "I HAD a high school..."

I could not possibly be friends with someone dumb enough to get caught in the prop. But then, I have semi high standards when it comes to common sense, smarts, etc..

I thought I heard him say the driver had it in neutral when in fact in was in reverse. Never the less I would think a guy could tell if the boat was moving towards you. confused.gif