• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Anyone else having trouble with lowrance units post update?

mamohr686

Question

Between my dad and I we have 3 lowance gps/sonar combo units all on different boats. 2 are X-15MT and 1 is a LMS-332C. This spring we did all the updates and all the units have the same problem reading depth in weedlines. Before our units would read great even at wide open. Now whenever we are in any kind of shallow soft bottom 9 to 2ft of water, the sonar depth will blink and the screen will stop progressing (before when the sonar would momentarily lose signal the screen would keep moving). I've literally tried every single sonar setting to help with the problem from ping speed to sensitivity and even gray scale etc. I think this new update might make me lose a lower unit on my outboard. When I'm comming up in the shallows I frequently lose my depth, and almost as annoying I don't know the depth to get an idea if I can safely get on plane. On hard rock bottom the problem isn't nearly as bad but, any weedy cabbage or submerged vegitation and I have to resort to a flasher. Any way to go back to the earlier update, or fix this problem? I really hate to sit on hold for 3 hours to talk to a human at lowance.

• Answers 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• sparkyaber

• iffwalleyes

• mamohr686

• Valv

I took my brand new x510c out last night and, sure enough, it's having the same problem many of you are experiencing. It won't read bottom in shallow water with any kind of weeds below. So...I got on the phone first thing this a.m. and got tech support on the line and they said they just received a new upgrade....version 2.0.....and it will definitely fix this problem. It hasn't been released online yet so I'm to send mine back and they will install it for me. Supposed to be only 2-3 days turnaround.

OK, here is the deal- I just puchaced a used boat with a 112c and a 25c lowrance units on it. The 25c is running version 1.2, and the 112c is running version 1.7. I went to lowrances' update site, and the current version from each one is version 2.1. I have on my computer the 1.6 version for the 25c which I used on my last boat. Now the 112c works like poo-poo in the shallow water, so I think I need an older version (anyone got one?).

Million dollar question: Do I pull the trigger on the new updates?? There are a lot of additions with the new version, but the past has shown us all this probably is not the smartest thing to do. I am not afraid of updating the 25c, because I have a version that I know works well. I think I just answered my own question. Try the new version 2.1 on the 25c monitor the results. If it is acceptable do the same for the 112c. Has anyone downloaded these new versions?

I don’t know about other software versions, but the 2.1 will work well in shallow water if you check the “Chart Manual Mode” setting under “Sonar Features”. You will also need to set the depth range manually.

It seemed that versions 1.7 and 1.8 were the problem ones. When I last talked to lowrance they said they were working on upgrading software. So I would try it on the unit that isn't work so hot right now. If it works then upgrade the other one. But only do one at a time. But the software problems as far as I can tell seemed to be limited to these two versions. 1.8 was the one out this spring that cause all kinds of problems for us.

I downloaded the 2.1 version for my 27C.

Too bad I might not be able to test it before next year, I wish I had it 1 month ago.

Quote:

Man.....After reading this thread im not going near the upgrade stuff.Why wouldnt Lowrance post something about potential problems on their website.Confusing
crazy.gifcrazy.gif

well it seems they never heard of it. i never upgraded my 339c but i was curious so i called them and waited alot. (i'm sick so i have time). they tried giving me all kinds of things to ''buy'' like transducers and power cables and stuff. so this glitch acts like it may be noise, bad connects, or transducer. i wonder how many people just go buy those things? i'd say this glitch they never heard of is makin' them some money whether or not they know about it. how many people return or even can return a part after it's installed? i called the BBB and voiced my concerns and it seems others have also. especially about customer service.