Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Chugger

Wadena and Fishing?

Chugger

Hey there,

I was offered a job in Wadena. Looking at a map it looks like the closest water is in Otter Tail. Fishing is basically my life so was wondering if the 10-12 mile drive is worth it? I live in Park Rapids now, so it's a tough call.

sparcebag

WOW I've been looking at property in the area I thought the same! Leaf lakes are close,by browerville I fished Coal lake last Sept. it was great eyes & sunnies,some Bass we wernt fishin for.the Leaf lakes could keep a person fishin all open water there really good!! Goin up to the Leaf lakes in July to visit and see how they are then! I'm convinced to move there!Where I live on a lake it keeps gettin more populated Skiers,Jetskis,power boaters,Houses not cabins what I see up there it is yet cabins without all the traffic.

ChuckN

I'd say from Wadena to OTL is closer to 20 miles...to the closest access.

Obviously Wadena does not host the population of lakes like Park Rapids, so it's a tough call if fishing and being close to the lakes is that important.

You could live a bit closer to the lakes and commute to work. wink.gif

eelpout#1

I live in wadena and work there. Its 22 miles to the pelican bay access on ottertail, with east leaf lake the closest at about 15. The oak point access on rush is about the same. Big and LIttle pine are in perham 25 miles away also. To the north the closest lake worth fishing is stocking in menagha, which is about 25. Nothing south until you get to Miltona and nothing to the east until Shamineau. If I was living in PArk Rapids and I was offered a job in Wadena, it would have to be for a BIGGGG raise, because you're going to use most of it traveling 25 miles to the lakes. I do it 3 nights a week and just live with the expense. The wife loves to fish so it works for us....Wadena itself isn't a bad place to live, although it's not what it was 10 years ago....On the other hand...Alot of people live on the lakes and commute to work. It's a nice 1/2 hour drive to and from work, what's the difference whether you drive to work or drive to fish!!!

Got to fly, it's fishing league night and we're off to Big PIne.

Chugger

Thanks for the input everyone. It's a tough call, being 5-10 minutes away from numerous great lakes right now that I know pretty well vs. more money and basically fishin on the weekends. Thanks again.

Mike