• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

The family and I will be fishing on Rush Lake beginning June 23rd. We have fished this lake with spotty success. We usually fish jigs tipped with minnows and concentrate on walleye, crappie (panfish) etc. Does anyone have suggestions or tips for fishing this lake? Where should we start, what are they hitting on etc.? By the way I am new to the forum and I have learned alot about the area reading previous posts. There seem to be some interesting people on here. wink.gif Thanks for the help and good fishing.

Welcome mogus06!

I don't fish Rush too much, but I'll tell ya from my limited experience and other's that I think crawlers and leeches would be a good choice for chasing walleyes. I would not be afraid to troll some crankbaits either, there can be a good trolling bite out there. Try the north half of the lake on the steep breaks.

Panfish could be holding in the various beds of rushes, and I find that the weather will dictate if that's the case. Crappies...I have no clue, I haven't really targeted them in the summer.

There is a LakeMaster map of Rush out there that is quite detailed and will definitely help you out for finding structure on the lake. wink.gif

Well I fish Rush lake occasionaly and a good spot to try is in front of the river to the noth-west part of the lake. We usually anchor and cast our jigs and jig them back to the boat. This is for the walleyes. Otherwise I havn't done much panfishing this year but last year we had luck in about 10-15 feet of water close to a break. good luck and I hope this helps get you off in the right direction.. watch out for them rock bass. they are all over.

Thanks for the tips. It is interesting that the Rock Bass we have caught in Minnesota would be considered a prize catch in south Missouri. I enjoy catching them and they keep the kids busy.