• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Motor Guide Bowmount Problem?????

Coach1310

Question

I have a Motorguide Bowmount issue. The propeller will not spin. At first I thought it was a power problem, but it steers fine with the pedal, so I know it is getting power the propeller just wont go. Has anyone had this problem? Can it be fixed? How? Thanks for the help!! If I can't fix it I might just have to get a brand new one with all the bells and whistles.... grin.gif

3 answers to this question

Make sure you don't have weeds or line wrapped up underneath. Other than that, some wiring issues.

What kind of motorguide is it. Most of the older ones are cable drivin on the turning of the unit. I had that problem once all it was was dirty contacts underneath the foot pedal. Turn the motor all the way one way and it will open up enough to work on it.