Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
King_Fisher

What a class act!!!

7 posts in this topic

Where do I begin?? It was my first time staying at Appledoorns Sunset Bay Resort and I didn't really know what to expect. I have read good things about the place and Paul (the go to guy). I can't say enough good things about him and the resort. We opted to tent there on the weekend and was pleasantly surprised at how nice the campsite was. It was on top of a hill with perfect shade cover, lots of trees, a campfire pit, and running water. All of which I didn't have at the last resort I stayed at on Mille Lacs. As soon as we pulled in Paul was there to greet us and gave us a vallet tour to our campsite on one of his golf carts. (Already more than some resorts would do) Well we fished all day Friday and when I woke up Saturday morning to start my truck it wouldn't stay running. Paul noticed right away that I was having troubles and called the local auto parts store for me. Well I picked up a part but wanted to try changing my battery first. I ran to the boat and got one of my extra batteries and as soon as I got off the dock Paul was there (golf cart and all) to pick me up. Obviously batteries aren't light. He drove me back to my vehicle and even offered to let me use his tools. Well it turns out that my truck all of the sudden runs fine and we make it home on Sunday with no problems. I forgot to mention, he also lent me a gas can to gas up my boat to save me the time of pulling it out. I just wanted to say THANKS Paul for all the help and hospitality. I would recomend Appledoorns to everyone. I would love to come back, that is if you let me. wink.gif

Tom

King-fisher:

I think Mark Stanley and I saw you, we were talking with Paul for awhile towards dark.

After witnessing it first hand, I can honestly say that Paul is one of the hardest working resort managers I've ever seen. Between answering phones and showing people the places they'll be staying or cleaning fish, he's fixing things, backing down boats, and planning the next-day's adventures. Great guy and a great place to stay!

Joel

Tom and Joel,

Thank you so much for the kind words. I can't tell you how much they are appreciated.

Tom,

Funny that you chose those words. I was thinking the same thing after you and your girlfriend left. What a class act!

You folks are welcome back at any time.

Quote:

Tom and Joel,

Thank you so much for the kind words. I can't tell you how much they are appreciated.

Tom,

Funny that you chose those words. I was thinking the same thing after you and your girlfriend left. What a class act!

You folks are welcome back at any time.

I can say for sure we will be. Thanks again.

Tom

Just one quick ?. I have a site reserved in early July, are there any tables around the tent sites. If not I would bring one. Thanks FLOODJET.

Floodjet,

We do have a few picnic tables available, but they go fast. If it's not too much trouble I would say to bring it.

No problem, it will be on my list. Thanks for the reply.