Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
King_Fisher

What a class act!!!

King_Fisher

Where do I begin?? It was my first time staying at Appledoorns Sunset Bay Resort and I didn't really know what to expect. I have read good things about the place and Paul (the go to guy). I can't say enough good things about him and the resort. We opted to tent there on the weekend and was pleasantly surprised at how nice the campsite was. It was on top of a hill with perfect shade cover, lots of trees, a campfire pit, and running water. All of which I didn't have at the last resort I stayed at on Mille Lacs. As soon as we pulled in Paul was there to greet us and gave us a vallet tour to our campsite on one of his golf carts. (Already more than some resorts would do) Well we fished all day Friday and when I woke up Saturday morning to start my truck it wouldn't stay running. Paul noticed right away that I was having troubles and called the local auto parts store for me. Well I picked up a part but wanted to try changing my battery first. I ran to the boat and got one of my extra batteries and as soon as I got off the dock Paul was there (golf cart and all) to pick me up. Obviously batteries aren't light. He drove me back to my vehicle and even offered to let me use his tools. Well it turns out that my truck all of the sudden runs fine and we make it home on Sunday with no problems. I forgot to mention, he also lent me a gas can to gas up my boat to save me the time of pulling it out. I just wanted to say THANKS Paul for all the help and hospitality. I would recomend Appledoorns to everyone. I would love to come back, that is if you let me. wink.gif

Tom

HateHumminbird

King-fisher:

I think Mark Stanley and I saw you, we were talking with Paul for awhile towards dark.

After witnessing it first hand, I can honestly say that Paul is one of the hardest working resort managers I've ever seen. Between answering phones and showing people the places they'll be staying or cleaning fish, he's fixing things, backing down boats, and planning the next-day's adventures. Great guy and a great place to stay!

Joel

Paul Waldowski

Tom and Joel,

Thank you so much for the kind words. I can't tell you how much they are appreciated.

Tom,

Funny that you chose those words. I was thinking the same thing after you and your girlfriend left. What a class act!

You folks are welcome back at any time.

King_Fisher

Quote:

Tom and Joel,

Thank you so much for the kind words. I can't tell you how much they are appreciated.

Tom,

Funny that you chose those words. I was thinking the same thing after you and your girlfriend left. What a class act!

You folks are welcome back at any time.

I can say for sure we will be. Thanks again.

Tom

FLOODJET

Just one quick ?. I have a site reserved in early July, are there any tables around the tent sites. If not I would bring one. Thanks FLOODJET.

Paul Waldowski

Floodjet,

We do have a few picnic tables available, but they go fast. If it's not too much trouble I would say to bring it.

FLOODJET

No problem, it will be on my list. Thanks for the reply.