Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
saunasisu

Any reports on Fish Lake?

5 posts in this topic

Any reports of action on Fish Lake? Heard they are catching some walters with slip-bobbers in 8-14 feet of water.

Haven't caught them on slip bobbers, but I guess we haven't tried for them that way. We've had good luck trolling in 10-12 fow with crawler harnesses.

I would also troll with crawlers. It's a great way to cover water and some nice sized panfish can be caught that way. About this time of year or so they head out to the flats and we have caught nice numbers of bluegills and walleyes, all eaters. In fact, I have caught some of the biggest bluegills in my life on Fish trolling with crawlers. 8-12 feet should cover it. Gonna head up there on Monday. Don't get your stuff too close to the bottom as Fish lake eats tackle

I did real well with the eyes 2 weeks ago... They were biting then so I assume they must really be biting now as well.

Last time out the eyes were scattered, anywhere from a couple FOW to deep. Trolling crawlers or leeches would be my advice. If you find any concentration then slip bob them come evening.