Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
brittman

Anaplasmosis - Deer tick disease

6 posts in this topic

Anaplasmosis is another bacterium disease carried and transferred by deer ticks. Our vets standard blood test looks for Lyme and hearworm - now also checks for anaplasmosis. At one time diagnosis required a specific and separate blood test - warranted by symptoms...

My older Brittany was diagnosed with anaplasmosis. It may have been quite awhile ago that she had the disease, but she went through three weeks of tetracyline treatment.

Many of the symptoms are similar to Lyme, if you dog does not test positive for Lyme, but is showing symptoms associated with Lyme -

make sure your vet is using the new test kit....

Thanks Brittman!

Good Luck!

Ken

do you know if this is something in Minnesota or is it seen in central Iowa confused.gif?

Thanks for the info.

Farmer

If you get deer ticks I would assume that it would be possible. For the best answer I would contact your vet. If you think your dog is having symptoms then I would definately call the vet.

No symptoms grin.gif on my hunting lab, but have noticed a more than usual tick population this spring in my area. I will check with my vet to see if the deer ticks are in our area. We do have deer are they the main carrier of these or is it just a name they have given the tick for no reason or tie to deer? Not heard of any problems in our area. We do however have to keep an eye out for lyme dis. in our area. Thanks for the info. I will give my vet a call.

Farmer

White footed mouse is the main carrier/host of deer ticks.

Good Luck!

Ken