Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
thedeadsea

Heading to Alpine and Ogishkemuncie-Any suggestions?

5 posts in this topic

I am heading up next weekend (22nd-24th) for some Trout and Walleye fishing on Ogishkemuncie and thought I would fish Alpine on our way home on Sunday. Any suggestions on what to use or where to find fish in either of the lakes?

Thanks,

Steve

Unfortunately I don't know these lakes for fishing, but will also be up there the same time. Maybe we'll cross paths on Ogish. We are gonna be there on the 24th I believe.

I'm sure you know but all of this area burned in the last 2 years so be ready for that.

I will be fishing my way out on the 24th. We will most likely be in a dead grass grumman double end. I will be the dark haired guy in the back of the canoe, and be with a balding red haired guy. If you see us, head over our way and hopefully we will be able to tell you where they are biting.

Steve

jasper has some trout as well...... just tool around in the middle and keep yer bait near the bottom..... best campsite in the area is on jasper (on the right as you come from alpine-- high up on a cliff there).... good cliff jumping and beautiful views off of site...... don't bother fishing bass/northern/walleye here.....

i haven't really fished ogish for trout, but have done very well for walleye and bass...... there's an island campsite towards the other end of the lake on the left side as you come from kingfisher..... an inflow comes in there down a channel..... good walleye spot up and down the channel and lots of decent smallies-- everyone in our group of 8 caught a smallie over 4 lbs. here...... at night just get out by the little falls there and pitch raps and cranks and plastics in the current for walleye...... during the day anchor by the flow and slip bobber or drift slowly and jig the channel.....

also, the whole area above the outflow to kingfisher is good for walleyes..... just get out of the shallow channel and into that bay a little ways and find a little bit of depth near the current..... kingfisher has 'em too, but i wouldn't keep 'em in there, cuz it's a pretty small lake...... fish the little bay by the inflow from ogish at night.....

i've never stopped at alpine-- looks like a nice lake, though.... if you really want trout, make the trip into kekekabec..... or little kek..... both are full of 'em.... good luck.... let us know how it goes.....

Thanks, and will keep you posted!